PDA

View Full Version : anywhere to get s03s cheaper than tirerack?

eugeneDC/TX
09-09-2002, 12:03 AM
155/tire is their price for 225/45/17s... which is a little steep for me. i'd get them, but weren't they at one point 138 or something. maybe i'll get the kuhmo mx's...

Kaz
09-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Its possible to get tires cheaper than TireRack, especially if you factor in tax and/or shipping. But more than one major-chain tire store manager has told me that TireRack retail pricing is often less than the store's cost.

The HACK
09-09-2002, 12:27 AM
That's not a bad price. :dunno:

I think when the S-03s first came out last winter they were cheaper. Since they're SUMMER tires it's likely you might get some sales or discounts during the winter...When I got my 225/40/18's during December they were like $10 cheaper than now.

The thing with TireRack, is that they do so much sponsoring of BMWCCA and local enthusiasts that I wouldn't mind paying a little more for their tires. And really, most of their prices are better than the best discount prices I've seen. :thumbup:

AG
09-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
155/tire is their price for 225/45/17s... which is a little steep for me. i'd get them, but weren't they at one point 138 or something. maybe i'll get the kuhmo mx's...

Try Costco. I think they will special order tires for you if you ask, but only if its a brand that they already carry. IIRC, the price on the RE-730's installed is about the same as Tirerack's including delivery, but with Tirerack, you would have to pay more for installation.

Ben Chou
09-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AG

Try Costco. I think they will special order tires for you if you ask, but only if its a brand that they already carry. IIRC, the price on the RE-730's installed is about the same as Tirerack's including delivery, but with Tirerack, you would have to pay more for installation.

Unfortunately, Costco cannot get the S-03s. I have asked them repeatedly since they have come out and Bridgeston is not allowing Costco to sell them as of now. Maybe in the future....

eugeneDC/TX
09-09-2002, 10:57 PM
i'm just doing TR.... now i need to find a shop for mounting.... should i just use one of tirerack's recommended shops or find my own (i.e. better for bimmers) here in houston

Bill325Ci
09-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
i'm just doing TR.... now i need to find a shop for mounting.... should i just use one of tirerack's recommended shops or find my own (i.e. better for bimmers) here in houston

Discount tires will mount them for you. I live in the northeast part of Houston, and had a place called Beasley Tires mount and balance mine. They charged $60 for two tires. I think Discount would be about $40.