PDA

View Full Version : Sprint PPC-6700 and Bluetooth

ball
11-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Anyone try pairing the new Sprint PPC-6700 to their E90?

ball
11-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Anyone?

Two weeks until delivery of my 325i Ė canít wait! Would like to get the Bluetooth phone thing figured out by thenÖ

Username18
11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
On the same note, how about the new sprint MM-A940 by samsung?

st_o_p
11-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Get a Treo :D

ball
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Funny. :D

Actually Iím considering the Treo 650 but the 6700 is EVDO enabled so if it works in the car Iíll probably get it.

MysticBlueRob
11-30-2005, 06:10 PM
I have an 06 M3 and recently picked up a PPC-6700 from Sprint. I have been able to pair the 6700 to the car. However, I haven't been able to download any of my contacts. I had read that some Treo owners reported that they were able to download contacts marked as Favorites. So, I set up some speed dial contacts hoping that those would get transferred, but they didn't. Obviously, it'd be really nice to be able to dial at least a subset of my more frequent contacts.

Has anyone else had any experience downloading contacts from their Sprint 6700 to their BMW?

bscarlett
12-01-2005, 06:58 AM
The reason why you are having problems is that the PPC uses Microsoft's bluetooth stack and not the Industry standard Widcomm stack like the Treo. The Microsoft stack does not implement the OBEX file tranfer in the same manner and that is what causes the phonebook transfer to fail.

MysticBlueRob
12-01-2005, 07:39 AM
The reason why you are having problems is that the PPC uses Microsoft's bluetooth stack and not the Industry standard Widcomm stack like the Treo. The Microsoft stack does not implement the OBEX file tranfer in the same manner and that is what causes the phonebook transfer to fail.

Thanks, I was afraid that it was something like that. :thumbdwn: Oh well, at least I can pick up and place calls (albeit with more effort than it should require). Ideally, I'd like to be able to place calls with voice recognition software, but my understanding is that Microsoft's Voice Command doesn't work through Bluetooth. Is anyone aware of any voice recognition software for the PPC that works via Bluetooth? Unfortunately, one-handed operation of the 6700 isn't as easy as on my old SPH-i330 (which included voice recognition out of the box) or a Treo.

jays1000
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone try the sprint/samsung MM A900?

blitzdad
01-24-2006, 07:16 AM
I bought the A-900 two weeks ago specifically for my new 2006 750li...unfortunately I hadn't discovered this site yet and read all the posts on Bluetooth problems. Wish I had!! The A-900 seemed to work great at first -- paired with no problem -- complete phonebook contacts transferred BUT when I went to make a call it simply would not work...so frustrating....ended up useless...I went to BMW Lauderdale Imports and they told me it was an incompatible phone and were of no help. Thank goodness I called Sprint and they are letting me return the A-900 so now I am trying to find out if the PPC-6700 will work. I don't even care about the contacts, I just want to be able to make and receive calls. But as far as BMW is concerned - they only officially recommend the Treo 650....Can anyone give any more input on PPC-6700??
BTW - the A-900 is a great phone-- EVDO is lightning quick -- BUT you better get car charger because the battery goes extremely fast!! I'd run out of battey by 2 or 3 in the afternoon!

scepter77
02-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I am able to pair up my 6700, but then it drops after about 30 seconds. Apperas to be a CIP issue. I go into the dealership tomorrow to get updated to the latest 20.xx cip and hopefully get the MP3 compatibility retrofit after that. I will let you know how it goes:)

scepter77
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
:) I am happy to report that the software updates did the trick! My bluetooth phone now pairs up very nicely with the car (although I find it a little tricky to set up initially). As has been noted on other threads the address book does not download and from what I read this is due to the way Microsoft uses contacts and that BMW has not specifically written the code to allow it yet.

It's Great! Radio volume lowers, a ringtone is heard, I choose accept with the idrive knob, and I am talking hands free!

Other improvements were that my car no longer show a lawyer screen in German (not like I read it anyway), it does not have a rough idle on cold mornings and RDS for the radio! No computer crashes yet with the updates as well.:thumbup:

guenelin
02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
PPC 6700 does not support voice dialing from a bluetooth device. I have it, i don't know if it works with the Bimmer because my Bimmer does not have Bluetooth. My next Bimmer will have it, but I'm staying with MS phones. Do let me know if anyone can get the PPC 6700 to work with the car, even if it requires a manual dial.

Have you gotten the PPC to work with any Bluetooth headsets?

yvartan
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I have a BMW 530i and I am looking to by sprint PPC 6700 phone

What is CIP upgrade.

Do I have to go to BMW dealership for the CIP 20.xx upgrade???

help
thanks

Ebt0712
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I have an X5 - 2005 and a PPC 6700. I just called my dealership regarding CIP software download and I was told that they are not aware of this. I just want my bluetooth to work with my phone. What do I need to do to get this if my dealership does not know or dont want to do this. Everytime I used the phone in my car - the bluetooh disconnects and in order to continue the conversation, which is still going, only this time - I will have to use the phone itself. HELP PLEASE... I love the phone and the car... I just need it to work together.. thanks

torrentami
08-28-2006, 10:26 AM
:) I am happy to report that the software updates did the trick! My bluetooth phone now pairs up very nicely with the car (although I find it a little tricky to set up initially). As has been noted on other threads the address book does not download and from what I read this is due to the way Microsoft uses contacts and that BMW has not specifically written the code to allow it yet.

It's Great! Radio volume lowers, a ringtone is heard, I choose accept with the idrive knob, and I am talking hands free!

Other improvements were that my car no longer show a lawyer screen in German (not like I read it anyway), it does not have a rough idle on cold mornings and RDS for the radio! No computer crashes yet with the updates as well.:thumbup:

I installed the latest ROM update for the 6700 and the address book now transfers. Also, there's a great software package out there that enhances the features of bluetooth with this phone. if you go to http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ and install the PPC version it's pretty slick. I can now see how many bars I get right in the idrive screen. It's also helped tremendously with the reliability of the pairing when I'm in the car.