PDA

View Full Version : Wagon owners: Question to route a cable from trunk to front

Wagon Man
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi, I'm trying to route the Ice>Link PLus cable to the consol. I don't know how to remove the left-rear speaker panel? Having said that, I believe that the trim must be removed in order to feed the Ice>Link cable to the front, right?

any DIY you know of regarding the removal of this trims (or any othrr trims for this purpose) ?

TIA!

Terry Kennedy
11-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi, I'm trying to route the Ice>Link PLus cable to the consol. I don't know how to remove the left-rear speaker panel? Having said that, I believe that the trim must be removed in order to feed the Ice>Link cable to the front, right?

any DIY you know of regarding the removal of this trims (or any othrr trims for this purpose) ?Getting that panel out is a PITA. You need to start at the trunk end and remove all of the trim around the side window, then work forward, removing the cap to the seat belt retractor and then the seat belt retractor. Remove the side bolster from the rear seat. Remove the spare tire access cover, then remove 3 nuts to open the floor electronics bay. Remove the push-pin that attaches the side panel to the floor. Now you have access to the screws that will let you remove the side panel. There's another push-pin up by the seat belt retractor.

You can pop the door sills off to run the cables (that's where BMW routes them). They'll come out under the dead pedal.

Wagon Man
11-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks, Terry! I didn't know it will involve the window trim, etc.. (no wonder ...) I was hoping just to pop the backrest...

Now I gotta to wait till next weekend to have time....

Thanks again!