PDA

View Full Version : Sticky pedal replaced (and attn: robg)

alee
09-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Finally had my sticky pedal replaced at Park Ave BMW in Maywood, NJ. The pedal part was the one ending with 480, and no adapter replaced was required on my 5/7 production 330Ci (step). The pedal took about a week to arrive... the appointment took about 4 weeks to get.

A big thumbs-up :thumbup: to Larry Weiner at Park Ave BMW for making this a smooth service experience. I had heard a lot of nightmares about pedals taking forever to arrive -- glad I didn't have a nightmare story to share.

Initial impressions... the pedal has a more firm feel to it. Additionally, as others have reported, the power delivery is more linear now. On the old pedal, it felt like a lot of pedal effort was required to deliver half the power, and very little afterwards to deliver the rest. Now, there is more poewr earlier in the pedal travel. It doesn't really give you more power, but gives you the impression that it is.

For those that don't know what the sticky pedal is about, it is when your gas pedal actually feels "sticky" -- it feels like it catches and drags as you press down or let up on the accelerator. This has nothing to do with rev hang.

rogb: Stop screwin' around trying to find someone to do your pedal correctly! :D Park Ave BMW will do it, and has weekend appointments. Contact Larry Weiner, and tell him you're calling about TSB 35-01-02. That should be all that's needed.

-Al

Dr. Phil
09-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Good news Al:)

Gotta love Mondays don't ya :angel:

big bad jon
09-09-2002, 01:56 PM
nice to hear... i ordered my pedal in, and it's supposed to be in pretty soon, but now that that's on the way, it seems like my clutch pedal is developing some kind of quirk as well... sucks...

geomax
09-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by alee
I had heard a lot of nightmares about pedals taking forever to arrive

Yup - waited 4 weeks for an appointment, only to be told at the last moment the part hadn't arrived. It did the following week (of course). So, I've had to wait another 4 weeks for the rescheduled date, which is next week. :rolleyes:

Whohangs
09-17-2002, 05:53 PM
I'm glad I came across this thread, I drove my friend's 2001 325i a couple months ago and noticed that his pedal was stickier then my 2000 323i but didn't say anything figuring it was something that they had changed (a la steering). I'll have to drop him a line and see if he notices it also and that he can get it fixed if he does. Thanks!

bluer1
09-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Funny - I just called Bill Stuart yesterday to thank him.

I got mine done about a week ago, (9/11 actually), and the
car drives completely differently. Much easier to get a smooth
getaway from a dead stop - no more whiplash action!

Bill was great and really appreciated me calling back to thank
him - this guy has kicked a lot of butt in dealing with dealers,
if you've had to call him then by all means call him back up
and thank him.

jgrgnt
09-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Mmm....linear....

Yup, the difference is night and day. Had mine done about two weeks ago, and the new pedal is fantastic.

Michael

awd330
09-20-2002, 08:28 AM
I finally got my replacement pedal this morning. The parts were on back order for quite a while. The new pedal is a great improvement. Definitely firmer and more linear.

I'm a happy camper. :thumbup:

ERK
09-20-2002, 09:01 AM
I got mine done on Tuesday! :thumbup:

The whole experience was great. A few weeks ago I went in for my first service and they did an "assesment" at that time and agreed I was eligible for the new throttle assembly. The parts were ordered and came in within a week. My dealer called me to schedule an appointment for a few days later (although I had to push it back a week due to going on vacation).

The new throttle is great. Shifting in much smoother, esp. first to second and third to second. Rev matching does seem easier now too.

:D I second the happy camper feeling!:D