PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast!!

tac2745
11-07-2005, 09:13 AM
I am selling my 1997 M3 and I am having a problem with my keyless entry.

While changing the Cabin Air Filter one of the fuses on my AutoLoc Keyless entry wiring harness touched the metal bracing under the dash. It sparked, but the fuse did not blow. I put everything back together and realized the power locks would not work.

What does work - the center console lock button works as usual and the locks work when using the key.

I have inspected all of he fuses associated with the central locks and hey all appear intact.

Is there a hidden or hard to find fuse somewhere???

Please help, I have sold te car for my asking price, contingent on me fixing the lock issue.

Thanks, Mike

deilenberger
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I am selling my 1997 M3 and I am having a problem with my keyless entry.

While changing the Cabin Air Filter one of the fuses on my AutoLoc Keyless entry wiring harness touched the metal bracing under the dash. It sparked, but the fuse did not blow. I put everything back together and realized the power locks would not work.

What does work - the center console lock button works as usual and the locks work when using the key.

I have inspected all of he fuses associated with the central locks and hey all appear intact.

Is there a hidden or hard to find fuse somewhere???

Please help, I have sold te car for my asking price, contingent on me fixing the lock issue.

Thanks, MikeThere may be a fuse downstream of where the autoloc fuse is - use a voltmeter to see if you have voltage on either side of the autoloc fuse. If not - then look in the fuse box for which fuse is blown.

That's if you're lucky - if not - a new alarm may be needed (you may have let the smoke out..)