PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Motorola V551

glenmal
11-09-2005, 04:30 AM
:mad: :mad: My phone loses connection with the car everytime I turn off the engine. Dealers says "this hppens with Motorola V551." Is his answer credible? :dunno: :dunno:

SRFast
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
:mad: :mad: My phone loses connection with the car everytime I turn off the engine. Dealers says "this hppens with Motorola V551." Is his answer credible? :dunno: :dunno:

No. The Moto V551 is no different from any other Moto Vxxx phone with BT. I've used the Moto V525, V600 and V635 with my BMW BT with no problem. Once these phones were successfully paired with the BMW BT, they auto connected successfully everytime they were within BT range.

Are you sure the phone was paired correctly to the BMW BT? If it was, it should be listed under the "Hands-free" list in the BT menu. I would also check the following V551 settings: BT is always "ON" and that the "Car Settings" has "Auto Handsfree "ON"". If this is turned off, the phone will need to be manually connected each time. If all these settings are correct, you might have a bad BT unit.

Hope this helps....JL

gold233790
11-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I have the v551 through Cingular, with no problems. Pairs as soon as I start the car up. I sometimes have a little problem leaving the car and remaining on the phone as I walk away (stays in the BMW), but I think that's my issue and not the phone or car's. When I shut the engine, the BT stays on until I finish my conversation.