PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way for me to lookup someone's contact info by license plate number?

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Some twit with a White Cadillac hit my car. :mad: The damage is minor, but it's still bloody irritating. :mad:

So... Having left a rather nice note on his windshield, along with my phone number, I'd rather like to be able to find out who this guy is so I can contact him.

CD-55
09-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
Some twit with a White Cadillac hit my car. :mad: The damage is minor, but it's still bloody irritating. :mad:

So... Having left a rather nice note on his windshield, along with my phone number, I'd rather like to be able to find out who this guy is so I can contact him.

I would think that the police would help you with this.

?Since you left him a note, I guess you did not see him hit you?

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by CD-55

I would think that the police would help you with this.

?Since you left him a note, I guess you did not see him hit you?

No. I just walk out of the restaurant and find the Cadillac sitting on my bumper. I probably wouldn't even have looked if he'd just backed up six inches after hitting me. :mad:

Mystikal
09-09-2002, 06:59 PM

No. I just walk out of the restaurant and find the Cadillac sitting on my bumper. I probably wouldn't even have looked if he'd just backed up six inches after hitting me. :mad:

LMAO...what a moron. I figured you just saw white paint with the Caddy parked next door and put 2 and 2 together. But this is obviously a very "special" driver. :rolleyes:

CD-55
09-09-2002, 07:02 PM

OMG!:mad: Still sitting on it:mad:

I would not expect a return phone call from someone who would do this. You are going to have to hunt him down!:cry:

bimmee
09-09-2002, 07:35 PM
When I was hit by this van on the freeway, I took down his license plate and filed a police report. The license plate was all I had. If you have connection, someone might be able to look it up for you. But I still suggest you to file a police report first.

johnlew
09-09-2002, 07:39 PM
Well, if you contact the police and take pictures, at least you've got your case. However, if it's minor and you can just polish it out, I'd let it go. If $$$$ are required to fix, pursue it.

Raffi
09-09-2002, 11:36 PM

Your insurance may be able to look up his name and contact info. I don't know how MD is about this, but in CA, the public can't do reverse license plate searches - in other states, you can do so by just going to the DMV.

Good luck.

vern
09-12-2002, 03:55 PM
if this guy was on your bumper when you noticed the damage ,why didn't you call the police to the scene??
good luck in finding him
vern

lip277
09-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Hope you got a picture as they were when you came back....
I boought a set of disposable cameras a couple of years back at Costco and just threw one in the glove box of each car I have...

Make sure it has a flash...:D

Sometimes it just might be worth it to sit and wait... you never know when they'll appear... then again, if it was me, it'd probably be better to not meet him right when I saw it. I'd be pretty hot and probably do something not wise... :bigpimp:

Good luck