BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

parts

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BMW_Jim 
#1 ·
i need to know if anyone is selling cams for 2001 m5. I also need to know if anybody could help me with some info about widebody kits. thanx

#2 ·
Man, you own the wrong car. Sell it before you butcher it. Four door sedans look silly and cheap with aftermarket plastic crap pasted on them.

The best 4dr saloon in the world should not look like a 16yo's Civic or Grand Prix with JC Whitney body parts.

The S62 is already over-cammed. They are throwing rods thru the block at an alarming rate, due to excessive RPM.

#3 ·
Lscman,

"The S62 is already over-cammed. They are throwing rods thru the block at an alarming rate, due to excessive RPM."

I absolutely agree with your comments in general. Putting a new cam or a wide body kit on a M5 is not something that should be done.

However, I have had my 2002 M5 for four years and have been on the M5 Board the whole time. I can't remember any posts about the M5 throwing a rod due to excessive RPM. :dunno:

I'm really not saying that it couldn't happen or that someone hasn't had it happen. I'm saying that it isn't a problem with a large number of M5 that I have ever heard of before your post. The rev limiter is very aggressive on the M5 and shuts you down as soon as you exceed red line. In fact you have to be careful not to hit it because it has such a big impact on your power.

Best,

Jim
2002 BMW M5
2002 Lexus SC430
2006 Lexus RX 400h Hybrid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.