PDA

View Full Version : Hi there fellow beemer guys

classy man
09-10-2002, 12:49 PM
I've been reading this board awhile and have been wanting to buy a beemer and now I finally could and i did. I ran across a good deal on a 2002 bmw (1974 model). I got this baby for 1200 bucks and it's a good deal if I do say so myself.

Now hears the kicker. She's done dropped a valve on me. I was real pissed at the man who sold it to me because I think it was in bad shape before. But I don't know for sure so I'm not going to say nothing. Now I know there's lots of smart bmw people hear so how do I fix a dropped valve? I know a lot about chevies but these beemers are built a little bit different, if you know what i mean.

classy man
09-10-2002, 12:50 PM
also how do you men make your pictures in your signatuer? Mine won't work like that.

classy man
09-10-2002, 01:27 PM
ARGGH!!! Just busted my knuckle trying to get this valve cover off! :mad: stupid car.

Somebody know a mechanic in the knoxville area who works on beemers? I need help here. :sad:

MT head
09-10-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry classy man, but Beeemer owners don't work on their own cars! We are much too proud and rich to do such a thing.

Why I heard about one 330i owner who had his car confiscated when the factory found out he had changed his own oil. Why the hell do you think parts are so godawful expensive?

Now get your head out from under that hood before the Beeemer cops hear about your antics!

Astag
09-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by classy man
I know a lot about chevies but these beemers are built a little bit different, if you know what i mean.

Are you using millimetric wrenchs ? As you know BMW is european car and all bolts are measured in millimeters, not inches.

Good luck with your new car !

classy man
09-10-2002, 02:58 PM
For some reason I think you guys are making fun of me. And that's not cool. Yep of course i know beemers use metric wrenches. But I don't have any so I got the closest standurd one. And it don't fit! :mad: I've already striped out the bolt on the valve cover. That gets my rocks off. :mad:

I'm seriously thinking of dropping the small block motor out of my camaro in this thing. Does anybody know where I can find a kit to do that? chevie motors are a lot more dependable anyway.

Astag
09-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Oh... I really don't know what to say... than you're a moron.

Metric tools aren't that expensive and by using them you'll save lots of money in the long run.

btw my guess is Chevy's SB is too heavy, maybe you could find old Buick's aluminium 3,5liter (was it 215cid?) and drop that one under the hood.

Crummey2M4
09-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Hey nice 2002
You ever think of puttin a iron duke in there?
2.5l 92 hp, real strong motor reliable too.
I got a spare runs great if you wanna swap
I'm lookin for a rear subframe 84 thru 86, mines rusted out
Happy motorin!

Crummey2M4
09-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Yep those Buick 3.5l are pretty compact motors.
Won't fit in a 2m4 but maybe in a beemer.

Jon Shafer
09-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the board Classy!!

classy man
09-10-2002, 05:54 PM
to be honest astag i don't take kindly to being called those kind of words. retract what you have said please sir. Where i live in tennessee, that kind of talk will get you hurt.

Thanks for the advice some of you who have been friendly, but this board must be like my wife said, full of stuck up goody goody people who don't like my old beemer. Guesss you have to own a real fancy new one to be "in" here. and that sux! :mad: So consider me mad til people start helping me.

Crummey2M4
09-10-2002, 06:02 PM
Man you should relax classy
People here are pretty cool
Way cooler than on some of the Fiero boards
Those GT V6 guys get pretty snobby
Just relax I"m sure some guys will help you
I dunno about these mitric tools though

PropellerHead
09-11-2002, 08:09 PM
His sig says "cold air" :confused:

'02 A/C was a dealer installed option- even the best A/C is far far far from cold. :lmao:

So, Classy.. name a UT Campus building- that's not the stadium but is a freshman girls dorm.

And name the road on which you will find the stadium.

Any red-blooded American male with fuzz on his nurches in Knoxville knows either one.

Just 2002's
09-11-2002, 08:13 PM
**** you, dickhead, don't you drop that chevy engine in there you crazy ***** you are a disgrace to the 2002 community. Go drive your damn American car if you wanna have a 350 or whatever the hell it is who gives a **** anyways. People put M3 engines in their 02s not some 50 year old engine design that most god damn american cars have it in them. All that displacement won't do you any good cause your ass will still get kicked you son of a *****. Go back to your ford and chevys you ****ers.

classy man
09-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by PropellerHead
His sig says "cold air" :confused:

'02 A/C was a dealer installed option- even the best A/C is far far far from cold. :lmao:

So, Classy.. name a UT Campus building- that's not the stadium but is a freshman girls dorm.

And name the road on which you will find the stadium.

Any red-blooded American male with fuzz on his nurches in Knoxville knows either one.

oh i suppose i'm supposed to know all about the vawlunteers huh? well maybe i didn't make it to colloege, did you ever reckon that? use your brain mr. holier than thoug.