PDA

View Full Version : Feeler - OEM Sirius for 2004 3 series

el_duderino
11-12-2005, 04:40 PM
At my shop, we bought an OEM Sirius kit for a customer with a 2004 M3. Turned out that his car was some Euro-delivered car and the HU wouldn't acknowledge the Sirius as present. We took it to the dealer for recoding and no dice. They are totally mystified - all the PN's say it should work.

So the customer had us take it back out. He still likes us (it's his M3 in my other post for today...)

We connected the tuner into another BMW (2005 X5) and it worked fine. So we know the harnesses and the tuner are good.

The tuner itself would fit BMWs that already have the mounting rack present (X5, for instance). It comes with the OEM mounting rack for the 2004 3 series.

Anyone interested would get the Sirius receiver module, the antenna, the BMW harness, and the 3 series mounting bracket.

If anyone is interested contact me at bimmerfest at avincar dot com. We'll let it go for 75% of Crevier's price, and have a full money back guarantee if it doesn't work.

apw2607
11-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I posted this in the other Sirius thread going on.

This may be too late ofcourse .....

Sounds like the Radio on the car you were having problems with was not in USA mode. This must be set, for Sirius to be recognised by the Radio.

Simply enter the Service menu for the radio (see below), and change whatever its set to, to USA. It will take you about 30 seconds to do, and I would be very surprised if this didn't solve your problem .....

For the In-dash radio

Turn off radio then turn on. Hold "m" key until menu comes up, then use + and - to navigate and set the area back to USA.

For the Navigation system:

Get in car close doors, turn key to Position 1 or 2, hit the accept on the Nav system and make sure the radio is off.

pull the key out and put it in Pos 2.

turn radio on and hit the "Select" key and hold it until the display changes or flashes and becomes the menu screen.

Next turn the right hand computer knob one position right or left and

You are in: You now see the service menu appear with the radio serial number.

Use the < > keys to scroll through the functions and the 1 and the 2 keys to make selections for each setting.

You see (not in this order):
Serial Number
Software Version
GAL
FM station info
Man
DSP
TP volume
Country

Go to Country and change it to USA

Turning the radio off saves the changes. Note that all your preset radio stations will be lost and have to be reprogrammed.

el_duderino
11-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I agree that it SOUNDS like that - when I did my research on the issue I found the USA mode issue and was SURE that that was the cause of the problem - but we verified that it indeed was in USA mode, both functionally and on the service coding computer.

Appreciate the info, though.