PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Samsung i730 & 06 330I Question

BitStream
11-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Took delivery of my graphite 330i last week and loving every second of it.

Only question I have is regarding phone and bluetooth. I am able to connect to make and recieve calls with no problems, but it does not download the address book as it should.

Is this a problem with my phone? If so, anything I can do to resolve?

Any help would be much appreciated.

03&04Owner
11-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Same issue with a Sprint PPC 6600. It won't dial using voice commands either.

gholton
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM

Only question I have is regarding phone and bluetooth. I am able to connect to make and recieve calls with no problems, but it does not download the address book as it should.

My Verizon Motorola V710 works fine in my 06 330i, including downloading the phonebook, after spending a whole day arguing with VZW about why I needed a software upgrade. Good luck finding anyone there who understands bluetooth. If they didn't have the best network, they'd be sooo outa here.

bavarian19
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
My Verizon Motorola V710 works fine in my 06 330i, including downloading the phonebook, after spending a whole day arguing with VZW about why I needed a software upgrade. Good luck finding anyone there who understands bluetooth. If they didn't have the best network, they'd be sooo outa here.

I went in to VW and asked to have my phone's software upgraded. No questions asked, then went ahead to do it. My phone would not accept the software upgrade, so they replaced my v710 for free. Ive been very pleased with VW :thumbup:

daoushy
11-14-2005, 11:41 PM
This is very odd... I always had a very good experience with VW support, especially over the phone :thumbup:

I hate there store sales people though : puke:

2006_750Li_ED
11-15-2005, 12:21 AM
The Verizon i730 adressbook is not compatible with the car, I have the same problem with my 750Li 2006, initially the phone did not work at all, after upgrading the car's software the bluetooth started working all of a sudden, but no adress book.

I have a motorola E815, and it works great and I bought the cradle for it. it works of the car's electricity and the car's antena, I gain about 1-2 bars and the phone battery is always fresh when I get out of the car.

Jdar330
11-15-2005, 10:33 AM
I have a motorola E815, and it works great and I bought the cradle for it. it works of the car's electricity and the car's antena, I gain about 1-2 bars and the phone battery is always fresh when I get out of the car.[/QUOTE]
Motorola E815 best VZW Bluetooth enabled phone, hands down.

gholton
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
I went in to VW and asked to have my phone's software upgraded. No questions asked, then went ahead to do it. My phone would not accept the software upgrade, so they replaced my v710 for free. Ive been very pleased with VW :thumbup:

I've been with VZW for a long time, and generally they've provided decent service. My phone initially didn't work with the 330i bluetooth. The sales guy looked up the minimum software level I needed on the V710, so I set off to get the phone upgraded. That has to be done at a service center, so I headed off to the closest one -- 20 miles from my house. Their flash programming machine was broken, so the sent me to another location -- another 20 miles away. They said to come back in an hour. When I returned, they said "oops, our machine is broken -- try another location". I went to a third service center. I asked if their machine was working, and they assured me it was. I gave them the phone and came back in an hour. They said they were having a problem with the upgrade -- the phone didn't accept it, and asked why I needed the upgrade. I went through the whole explanation of the bluetooth problems, and they got their "bluetooth expert" on the phone. He swore that there is no way that the software upgrade could have made a difference with the way it works with bluetooth, and if I got the phone working, there's no way the car could download the phonebook. I walked back to my car, turned the phone off and back on, and saw that the software upgrade had actually been done. It started working perfectly with the car's bluetooth, including downloading the phonebook, and hasn't given me any trouble since. So, I wasn't too impressed with Verizon that day.

2006_750Li_ED
11-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Verizon used to be much more generouse about discounts and phones, but now that their reputation is "known" they do not need to excel in customer service, but they try and sometimes succeed.

There is no question, for the BMW bluetooth the best 2 phones are the V710 and E815, they share the same cradle and will transfer the adressbook. the E815 is the upgraded version that has all the fixes and longer battery time due to a bigger battery.
all the PDA phones at best will dial and receive, however none of them will transfer the adressbook, the reason is the translation protocol of the adressbook, a PDA has more information than the typical phone and BMW has not yet deviced a mapping algorithm to extract the name and phone number from variouse PDA phones, but the adressbook is not really that important as one could easily point the PDA to dial any number through the bluetooth, and you could program the common numbers through voice activation

xraytd
07-26-2006, 10:30 AM

This works now, but you have to upgrade your phone to Windows Mobile 5. I had the same problem with my i730 (did not upload phonebook) and my 2006 325i with iDrive. I went to http://dts.vzw.com and selected my phone and downloaded the upgrade from the link at the bottom. I had to repair the phone with the car, and activated OBEX file transfer (shows up as a checkbox option on the i730 during pairing). And now the phonebook has entries.

LTH777
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
This works now, but you have to upgrade your phone to Windows Mobile 5. I had the same problem with my i730 (did not upload phonebook) and my 2006 325i with iDrive. I went to http://dts.vzw.com and selected my phone and downloaded the upgrade from the link at the bottom. I had to repair the phone with the car, and activated OBEX file transfer (shows up as a checkbox option on the i730 during pairing). And now the phonebook has entries.

I've got a 2005 330xi and a Samsung i-730 w/Windows Mobile 5. I was able to pair the phone but quit before the phonebook loaded (I didn't know that it could take 45 minutes and thought it locked up). Will it download on it's own or do I need to re-pair the phone? How long did it take for the phonebook to load? How many contacts did you sync? Thanks!