PDA

View Full Version : A word of tribute to this day of 9/11

AF
09-11-2002, 06:12 AM
Guys . . . it's been a year and a lot of us were on the org on this day filling each other in on the minute to minute changes of that crazy day . . . I will never forget that I was starting out my day by jumping on the org and teasing Alee for being at work so early . . .

Then on my drive to work on that beautiful day with the clearest skies you could ever have here in New York I heard on my car radio that a plane had hit the first tower . . . silly me, I changed the radio station to listen to Howard Stern . . . it took about minute to sink in . . . Holy Sh*t a plane hit one of the towers . . . immediately I changed the radio to a news station only to hear the start of the craziest events that I could NEVER imagined would have happened . . .

My heart and prayers goes out to anyone who has lost a relative or friend . . .

God Bless America . . .

Guest84
09-11-2002, 06:24 AM
<Salute> to the brave men that died that day, and the victims in the buildings and the aircraft.

Dr. Phil
09-11-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Alan F

God Bless America . . .
Ditto from me.

I was in a bid presentation for our new MA payment system on 9/11. It was not until ~ 11:45 that some one bothered to come in and tell the 25 of us what was going on:banghead: By that time the state had released employees to go home, etc.

The conference was 3 miles from TMI (3 mile island) and the second thing out of the persons mouth that notified us was that TMI had been identified as a potential target. None of us could get a cel line out to check on family, etc. In a frantic rush, I left there and made the 8 mile ride to my home (it seemed like an hour but it was only 6 minutes, this in my old Accord).

I'll never forget the uncertainty I felt for the safety of my son and wife who were still at his school. I'm thankful for all of our safety and have undying respect for everyone who in any way shape or form had part in the recovery from those tragic events.

bren
09-11-2002, 07:03 AM

God Bless America . . . http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=135368

My wife and I were driving to the beach for our honeymoon in disbelief the entire time....we just kept asking each other if this could really be happening. What a way to remember your anniversary, so much sadness on what should be such a happy day.

alee
09-11-2002, 07:25 AM
I remember this post (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy2001w37/44958.html) most clearly. And shortly afterwards, we didn't hear from Ausgang for a few days. I remember hunting him down through his service advisor at Otto's BMW, just to make sure he was ok.

alee
09-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Alan F
I was starting out my day by jumping on the org and teasing Alee for being at work so early . . .
This was the post that Alan F was talking about... http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy2001w37/44924.html

Guest84
09-11-2002, 07:35 AM
Alee, I took delivery of my BMW 3 days after 9/11, I felt actually guilty about driving it for the first week, thinking of the trajedy, thinking how meaningless an automobile is (even though I should have been very happy after waiting 12 weeks) when a trajedy as monumentus had occured...

AF
09-11-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by alee

This was the post that Alan F was talking about... http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy2001w37/44924.html

Yeah I remember that post the most because that day started out in a fun way . . . then all of a sudden things got tragic way too quickly . . .

ashecnc
09-11-2002, 11:57 AM
http://www.e46fanatics.com/members/CCs328Ci/animflag.gif

fuz
09-11-2002, 12:07 PM
On a lighter note.

Was driving off to school this morning and saw an american flag on the road--probably fell off of some over-patriotic zealot's car or truck (most likely truck from what I've seen). Then the light turned green and we all ran over the flag. @_@

WAY TO GO! :confused:

johnlew
09-11-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by fuz
On a lighter note.

Was driving off to school this morning and saw an american flag on the road--probably fell off of some over-patriotic zealot's car or truck (most likely truck from what I've seen). Then the light turned green and we all ran over the flag. @_@

WAY TO GO! :confused:

This would have been a good day to stop and pick it up.

ashecnc
09-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by johnlew

This would have been a good day to stop and pick it up.

people don't take time to do anything..they should..I do...but its not going to happen...it would also maybe slow some of the fools down on the road, driving like maniacs, thinking if they go 90 in traffic they will get there quicker, to only see them at the light in front of you later..... idiots...