PDA

View Full Version : Speaker crackling.

jguadiz
11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I just took the 745LI into the shop this morning to deal w/the crackling in the speakers when listening to music(or anything for that matter). I also get an intermit. "low tire pressure" warning on my dashboard.
The service dept will reload the software today and hopefully they'll cure it. I'm so happy that the car has a 4 year full maint warranty because they'll also change the oil, change the wiper blades and change the air filter for free.

I'll keep everyone updated.

( I also had my "front tire flat" warning for about 3 days about 1 month back. I think it was just a hiccup though because I took it to the tire shop and everything was fine.

John

paulmurphyhomes
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Did you ever find a cure to your cracking?

Does it sound like a stone hitting your windshield? I have the same problem in connection with my Navigation problem. I think it's a ground problem - Many times to dealer with them telling me they can reproduce it...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187575

BmW745On19's
02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
It's a design flaw, I did a write up about how to make it stop a while back.

Link (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1646419&postcount=3)

*edit* Instead of having the Logic 7 setting at 0, put at it at one click from the left and will turn it on, but at very low levels, that will also turn off the rear door loud speakers, which produce the crackling noise.

Is there any chance that you happen to be using burned cds while experiencing the crackling?

paulmurphyhomes
02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Good question but I hadn't used burned cd's until just recently... I've had the "popping" windshield sound for a couple of years... Design flaw? Is that what BMW said?

Thanks

pugsl
02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I have noticed the same cracking noise in the speakers as well. I was wondering if it could be due to interference from my cell phone. My Mercedes pciks up lots of interference.

The car is going into the dealer on Monday I intend to bring it up as an issue. Is the Radio covered under the extended BMW warranty?

elektrahn
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I have the popping too. Sounds like the same crackling/popping you hear on an old record player. It's very annoying.

VvsGUY
02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I had the same problem with my rear speakers...dealer reprograming fixed the problem.

pugsl
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
My dealer could not replicate the issue. I am going to try and turn my cell phone off next time I hear the crackling through the speakers to determine if it is the cause.

SDave
02-17-2007, 01:46 AM
I just had that happen to me today. I thought there were rocks hitting my windshield. About 3 minutes later the navigation system froze and my SAT, Radio, CD, CDC does not work. I am taking it to the dealer on Wed. This is a 2006 750i which I purchased 9 months ago. Any ideas what this could be?

paulmurphyhomes
02-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I have experienced this since I've owned my 03... dealer keeps saying they can't reproduce... I am trying to get this resolved. Or they give me the standard "We've done some updates to cure it." I wish I could tell my clients... "I've done some updates to your jet and it shouldn't fall from the sky." I think it's their way of saying we're not authorized to do anything but a software update.

See my post ... http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187575

I will update soon but the latest is that Sterling BMW in Newport Beach CA has given up and tell me that BMWNA engineering need to tell them what to do... I say check any grounds and shielding and replace the GPS.

I am confident that this mode of failure occurs in very specific geographic locations (if you can remember them or have the time to retrace you trail). Once that happens make a video of it and bring it to the dealer.

I have a guy from BMWNA who says he is working on it but he has not returned my call. Let us know what you find out and I will keep my post up-to-date.

paulmurphyhomes
02-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I just had that happen to me today. I thought there were rocks hitting my windshield. About 3 minutes later the navigation system froze and my SAT, Radio, CD, CDC does not work. I am taking it to the dealer on Wed. This is a 2006 750i which I purchased 9 months ago. Any ideas what this could be?

Does it look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcS_cEkCjJA

:mad:

chuck92103
02-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Check your nav DVD. Is it damaged? Does the system freeze with the DVD removed?

paulmurphyhomes
02-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Check your nav DVD. Is it damaged? Does the system freeze with the DVD removed?

What should I on the Nav display with the DVD removed?:dunno:

chuck92103
02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
What should I on the Nav display with the DVD removed?:dunno:

Everything but nav maps and nav function. Everything else should work.

On newer cars with MP3/DVD, you can swap out a nav disc for MP3 disc with music. Not sure on your model year.

paulmurphyhomes
02-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I think MP3 started 04 I have 03.