PDA

View Full Version : The addition of this forum was not a joke...

Jon Shafer
09-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Every true BMW entusiast must have an appreciation for the genetic heritage of Our Brand...

We can let this place turn into The "FlameFest", or we can
get "back to business", chatting about the things we love...

Please ignore the freaking trolls, okay?

Anyway, I'm really down with this Bimmer!

:p

in_d_haus
09-11-2002, 09:41 AM
I think this is a great addition to the 'fest Jon! :thumbup:

nate
09-11-2002, 09:41 AM
BMW 700? :lmao:

Jon Shafer
09-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
I think this is a great addition to the 'fest Jon! :thumbup:

Thanks 'Haus!

I'd been wanting to add it for a while now;
Classy gave me an excuse...
:thumbup:

in_d_haus
09-11-2002, 09:55 AM
We had a great Isetta at our club Concour. It was displayed next to an M1...pretty cool

rwebbe
09-11-2002, 10:12 AM
Jon,

That is the most beautiful photograph I have ever seen of an Isetta. Brings back mempries of my wife and I walking along Southhamtopn Rpw in London en route to an excellent Italian restaurant evey evening and there it was. A funny looking car with three wheels parked it appears for overnight. Each night we would stop to admire it, not knowing just what we were looking at. This before my BMW smarts. I still love my 330ci and it gets better every day I drive it.:angel: :angel:

DougDogs
09-11-2002, 10:35 AM
I know someone here in NJ who has about 5 isettas. I say about 5, because he has 2 completely restored, 2 others in process of restoring, and he has enough "other parts" to put one or two more together. I know he has trailered some of them to show down at the plant in SC. The last time he was there was during some show when the X5 was being introduced. He has a couple of old (50's) bmw bikes as well

Chris330Ci
09-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Who wants to trade theirs in for this one..? :D :eeps:

http://www.spinningloft.com/cars/bmw/PCD/zentrum05.jpg

Jon Shafer
09-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by rwebbe
Jon,

That is the most beautiful photograph I have ever seen of an Isetta. Brings back mempries of my wife and I walking along Southhamtopn Rpw in London en route to an excellent Italian restaurant evey evening and there it was. A funny looking car with three wheels parked it appears for overnight. Each night we would stop to admire it, not knowing just what we were looking at. This before my BMW smarts. I still love my 330ci and it gets better every day I drive it.:angel: :angel:

Thanks rwebbe,

It's easy to forget about BMW's heritage...

In which current models do we the see the remnants of the D.N.A. from this one??

Looks kinda like a MINI with the nose cutt off??

;)

scottn2retro
09-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Thanks for starting it up:)

I like the 3.0 CS

This one (and others) was at our last clean car contest for the LA BMW CCA

scottn2retro
09-11-2002, 05:41 PM
2002s and 1600s:

scottn2retro
09-11-2002, 05:43 PM
:thumbup:

rwebbe
09-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Jon,

Mini is as close as you can get re: DNA.

Met a London Bobby one night at a Wimpy's (like a MacDonalds) who said I will show you London, and off we went 5 of us in his Mini. He drove like the proverbial wild man raced up to 10 Downing Street with high beams on the door and jammed on the brakes. I've seen the police on the sidewalks of Oxford steet with their Mini's when street would be blocked with traffic.

Austin used a 943 Cu. in. engine in Mini and Sprite. My camshaft froze in the block during a race. No one could give us any dimensional information to insert a bushing, so when at Sebring I asked Stirling Moss. He gave me the right person in London who in turn advised me the figures would be forthcoming from Japan. Interesting history lesson.

I am interestd in statistics and would enjoy reading production runs of the Isetta, 2002 and a few of the other older models that are so popular now.

Some years back at the airport in Hollywood , FL where I hangered my planes, we had a Pan Am Captain who had a 2002. He knew than what a good car it was and most of us ignorant folks with Porsches, Cads etc,.thought we had the best machine. He later took over first seat in a 747.

Dick

gr8330
09-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks to all that posted pictures here I really enjoyed them...hope to see more :thumbup: