PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto (parts)!

dog
09-11-2002, 01:17 PM
So I'm in my car, getting ready to hit the road when I notice someone stole my frickin' wiper blades! :mad: :dunno:

Ever happen to anyone? Time for a combination lock for the blades...

BTW, $33.55 before tax for driver and passenger side blades. Crike!!

johnlew
09-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dog
So I'm in my car, getting ready to hit the road when I notice someone stole my frickin' wiper blades! :mad: :dunno:

Two rip offs in one day.

IndyMike
09-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by dog

That's definitely a bummer! :thumbdwn:

On the flipside, be grateful that it wasn't raining when you discovered it. :)

dog
09-11-2002, 03:42 PM
good points - both of you! i hadn't thought of it as 2 rip offs. jeez.

if it were raining, i would be well served to have rain-xed the winshield. hmmm...:rolleyes:

in_d_haus
09-11-2002, 03:44 PM
My dealer has had to hire security, as have all the high end dealers in the area. It seems a car ring has been stealing parts off the cars on the lots...

Nick325xiT 5spd
09-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dog
good points - both of you! i hadn't thought of it as 2 rip offs. jeez.

if it were raining, i would be well served to have rain-xed the winshield. hmmm...:rolleyes:

Just imagine what would have happened if you'd turn on the wipers with no wiper blades installed...

johnlew
09-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by IndyMike

That's definitely a bummer! :thumbdwn:

On the flipside, be grateful that it wasn't raining when you discovered it. :)

Mike, nice avatar!

IndyMike
09-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Nick325xiT 5spd

Just imagine what would have happened if you'd turn on the wipers with no wiper blades installed...
Yeah! :yikes:

That's why I'm kind of glad that we have a rear wiper blade on my wife's mini-ute. If the fronts get ripped off and the rear one is left alone I can always swap it to the passengers side front. :rolleyes:

But more than likely seeing as how I'm such a lazy ass I probably would have left the rear blade alone, and just driven to the dealer or home (whichever's further) in reverse. :tsk:

lip277
09-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Be glad you weren't me back in 1985 or 86... (no comments from the peanut gallery, please)

I was going to college in SLO (@ Cal Poly) and was living in the dorms. Came out to my car in the campus parking lot and saw...

Front bumper hanging loose (partially removed with one end on the ground)
Sunroof deflector - gone
wipers - gone
all Roundels and "2002" badge - gone
Wheel center caps - gone
Cibie 95I driving lights - loose (partially undone- I had anti-theft nuts installed and that greatly hindered removal)

And I was lucky...
I found out there were 5 other 2002's that got hit that night. ALL of them had their windows smashed and radio's taken (plus all the external goodies):mad:

They must have been in the middle of my car when something spooked them.

To this day, I can still see where they had used a screwdriver to take off some of the hardware... and I then remember that I didn't get 'really' broken into as the other cars did.

Cost me ~$270 then to replace everything as I recall (and that was a good chunk of money for me then...)