PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with problems!

tj311
11-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Hello there, just to give you a breakdown of what has been done so far. I have a '95 M3 with an ITG intake, AA custom chip, full lowering suspension(Bilstein shocks, dynamic racing spings for the rear and H&R springs on the front) with camber kit, air-flow meter, rewired the front end and some aftermarket exhaust that was already on the car when I bought it. I have changed out the whole cooling system, changed all seals, which I actually did twice since the first mechanic I took it to didn't know there was an inner seal. But to get to the point the problem I am having is there is a strange leak that is leaking on the exhaust. The leak is coming from the rear passenger side of the engine or at least in that area and leaking on to the where the exhaust conects to the down pipe. I thought it could be oil but it smells like plastic burning. Anybody have an idea of what this fluid could be? Is there maybe a break fluid line or clutch fluid line that runs on that side of the engine?

328isfamily
11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Is it a gasket for intake manifold?? or a plastic fan?? check closely get back..let me know
Andres Daddy

rrsperry
11-18-2005, 06:49 AM
It's most likely the valve cover gasket. The only other thing on the passenger side of the engine is the block drain for the coolant.