PDA

View Full Version : Hack, how are your wife's tires???

VDPHB
09-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Hey Hack,

I was wondering...how are the Contisport Contact II's on your wife's car compared to the Contisport Contacts and Bridgestone S-03s?

I went from the OE Contis to S-03s and can concur that road noise, tramlining, and ride harshness went up, but man do they grip. Where do the Contisport Contact II's reside in your opinion????

Thanks!

The HACK
09-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by VDPHB
Hey Hack,

I was wondering...how are the Contisport Contact II's on your wife's car compared to the Contisport Contacts and Bridgestone S-03s?

I went from the OE Contis to S-03s and can concur that road noise, tramlining, and ride harshness went up, but man do they grip. Where do the Contisport Contact II's reside in your opinion????

Thanks!

They're only a week old so they haven't properly worn in yet...Also I simply do not get enough seat time behind her car to give an objective review.

As far as look, the tread design is very aggressive, with some very deep grooves to channel away water. The design of the sidewall provides a very small LIP to protect the rims, but not nearly as large as the lip on the S-03s.

So far the few times I've driven her car I've managed to squeal the tire going around corners (and no, they're not armour-alled) but have yet to PUSH the car hard (she won't let me). I have noticed that these are the quietest tires I've ever heard and they do NOT tramline nearly as bad as the S-03s. Sorry I can't give more detailed review. :dunno:

VDPHB
09-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Hack,

Thanks for the input! It'll be interesting to see what your opinion is in the next few months!