PDA

View Full Version : Warranty questions

Damien4134
11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
I know this may seem like it has been asked before but i honestly just spent an hour trying to find an answer to my specific question with no luck. I am keeping the stock head unit in my new e90, but i want to do some speaker and sub upgrades. So here is the ?. Will they give me a extrordinarily hard time if i install a line output converter to the trunk mounted amp in order to keep the stock look of the cockpit? The car is going in for service for the dreaded DTC light that wont go off. )PS the car is 3 weeks old.) If i just didn't find the answer and it is located somewhere else i really am sorry. Thanks -D

LDV330i
11-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I know this may seem like it has been asked before but i honestly just spent an hour trying to find an answer to my specific question with no luck. I am keeping the stock head unit in my new e90, but i want to do some speaker and sub upgrades. So here is the ?. Will they give me a extrordinarily hard time if i install a line output converter to the trunk mounted amp in order to keep the stock look of the cockpit? The car is going in for service for the dreaded DTC light that wont go off. )PS the car is 3 weeks old.) If i just didn't find the answer and it is located somewhere else i really am sorry. Thanks -DAnytime you have aftermarket parts installed in your car, the dealer may try to blame them as the cause of a problem that may be remotely related. You need to clearly understand how your car works to be able to challenge such assertions.

My car electronics went on the blink a year ago. My dealer immediately pointed to the fact that I had a non-OEM disc changer in my car as the suspected cause of the problem. The issue really was that E-36's are sensitive to bad/loose connections to the I-Bus. In my case while the source of the problem was the disc changer connection and it had nothing with the fact that it was aftermarket. The changer was disconnected and then reconnected and have had no problems since then. In the meantime I have added a non OEM XM tuner in my trunk in lieu of the Sirius tuner with absolutely no problems.