PDA

View Full Version : iPod ID3 Tags in MID?

Bruin72
11-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I have my iPod integrated with my 2005 X5 through the Dension ice>Link Plus kit. Everything is working fine, but I was wondering if there is a way to get the artist and title information to display in the MID (Multi Informational Display). Presently, when I change songs, the artist and title display on the head unit, but the MID just displays TRKxx. :dunno:

tom @ eas
11-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I have my iPod integrated with my 2005 X5 through the Dension ice>Link Plus kit. Everything is working fine, but I was wondering if there is a way to get the artist and title information to display in the MID (Multi Informational Display). Presently, when I change songs, the artist and title display on the head unit, but the MID just displays TRKxx. :dunno:

Assuming you have firmware v2B1 or higher:

========================================
ID3 Text Activation Procedures
========================================

1) Select CD #6 on the Radio/NAV screen
2) Scroll to "Setup" and select setup menu
3) Scroll to "Text Selector" and follow the instructions on your radio/navigation screen
4) Text is now activated!

NAV users: Text can be toggled by using the "info" on your navigation screen

If you do not know your current firmware version, Here are the procedures for determining your firmware version on your ice>Link Plus:

Turn the key to the on position and select your CD Changer. Once you are in this mode, plug in the iPod to the Active Cradle or Docking cable. During the warning screen, the firmware version can be spotted by looking at the number in the top right corner of the iPod.

Bruin72
11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I did follow those instructions and that resulted in the artist/title showing up on head unit. However, that does not get them to the MID. Any other possible ideas?

tom @ eas
11-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I did follow those instructions and that resulted in the artist/title showing up on head unit. However, that does not get them to the MID. Any other possible ideas?

The ID3 text will only show up on one field - either the OBC or MID, not both at the same time.