PDA

View Full Version : ice-link distortion

gmac
11-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Does anyone else with an ice-link seem to get some ground distortion that is directly affected by the cars engine and the rpms? I get a lot of background noise with my dension ice-link now that increases with the rpms... any suggestions

Z3Papa
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
yes I have noticed this as a problem recently as I have been driving top up more often, but no I have no suggestions.

ffej
11-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Does anyone else with an ice-link seem to get some ground distortion that is directly affected by the cars engine and the rpms? I get a lot of background noise with my dension ice-link now that increases with the rpms... any suggestions

I got it and called Dension. They told me that it is a ground wire problem and sent me a pdf file. It was a very simple fix and took care of the problem completely.

If you want a copy of it, PM me with your email address...

tom @ eas
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM
I got it and called Dension. They told me that it is a ground wire problem and sent me a pdf file. It was a very simple fix and took care of the problem completely.

If you want a copy of it, PM me with your email address...

This only applies to specific wiring harnesses - this is not something that every kit will experience. The updated harnesses include an extra ground to correct the "reversed ground" issue found in some BMWs.