BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any pictures of a 650i Monaco blue / Cream beige?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  phunkfarm 
#1 ·
Has anybody taken delivery of a 650i Coupe in Monaco Blue / Cream Beige? Could you please post some pictures? Also, is the door sill black (like the dash) or cream? On the BMW Individual 6er (shown on bmw.com under 6 series) the sill is black with the door insert as the lighter color. Also, the Individual 6er has a contrasting black door handle. Looks very elegant.

#2 ·
apollner said:
Has anybody taken delivery of a 650i Coupe in Monaco Blue / Cream Beige? Could you please post some pictures? Also, is the door sill black (like the dash) or cream? On the BMW Individual 6er (shown on bmw.com under 6 series) the sill is black with the door insert as the lighter color. Also, the Individual 6er has a contrasting black door handle. Looks very elegant.
PM Malibubimmer - he's got one (but its a cab).

#3 ·
apollner said:
Credit's right. I have a convertible in that color combination (with light wood, too). I don't have any usable pictures (don't know how to download from camera to computer and re-size the damn thing).

Beewang has a 650i coupe in Monaco blue that was delivered ED last month which should arrive soon. I think his interior is black, though.

The Monaco blue is very dark, almost black in color and tone. The cream beige looks pretty good, but I wish it were more tan in color, like the Mercedes' "Java." The color appears to be much lighter than the "swatches" in the catalogue and on-line. The contrasting interior color is now black (used to be gray - I hate gray) and I don't care much for the two tone combo, but it's not offensive. The door is partly black and partly cream. I think the interior door treatments -- primarily the pulls and attached switchgear -- are the interior's weakest link. Look cheap to me.

I didn't like the wood color at first but it has grown on me.

Other than that, great car.

If I could do it again I would try to get a blue more like the Interlagos blue that is supposedly only available on the M models. There is another medium to dark blue very close to it, but I don't know if it can be special ordered in the US. And I would probably go with the black leather interior.

#4 · (Edited)
I just went to the car show here in SF

and that was their featured car.

I have been looking across the country for a Mystic blue SMG coupe but cant find one anywhere.

The Monaco blue doesnt have nearly the same appeal as the mystic. Not even a little bit. It's about the "deadest" blue you could imagine.

When they put either carbon black (black/blue) or interlagos blue on the 6, then the stars align. These are two of the coolest blue colors IMHO.

By the way interesting note....

The 6 series is the only car in the BMW line-up that you cant pay the $2200 premium and get the paint color of your choice (as long as BMW is using the color in a current run)!

Imagine say an Imola red 650cic with cream interior or even better a titanium coupe with an Imola red interior! HOTT

will post pic soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.