PDA

View Full Version : Ice>link problems.

greekzilla
11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I have installed the Ice>Link unit for my 3-Series (w/Navigation). At times while listening to the iPod (40G Photo) via the Ice>Link, the unit switches from iPod to the radio unexpectedly. After each track, there is a slight pause at the start of each song during continuous play mode.

When I start the vehicle and the Ipod has been docked/connected to the Ice>Link, when selecting to play an album, the first track (track 1) jumps through the song. The only way to stop it is to advance to the next track. When I do this, Ice>Link goes to AUX mode and I cannot advance any tracks.

I wish I would have purchased a CD changer OR phatnoise.

Any help would be appreciated.

tom @ eas
11-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I have installed the Ice>Link unit for my 3-Series (w/Navigation). At times while listening to the iPod (40G Photo) via the Ice>Link, the unit switches from iPod to the radio unexpectedly. After each track, there is a slight pause at the start of each song during continuous play mode.

When I start the vehicle and the Ipod has been docked/connected to the Ice>Link, when selecting to play an album, the first track (track 1) jumps through the song. The only way to stop it is to advance to the next track. When I do this, Ice>Link goes to AUX mode and I cannot advance any tracks.

I wish I would have purchased a CD changer OR phatnoise.

Any help would be appreciated.

We need to know your current firmware version - I'm assuming the kit was purchased from Best Buy (could've been on the shelf for months).

Here are the procedures for determining your firmware version on your ice>Link Plus:

Turn the key to the on position and select your CD Changer. Once you are in this mode, plug in the iPod to the Active Cradle or Docking cable. During the warning screen, the firmware version can be spotted by looking at the number in the top right corner of the iPod.

I will need this number before we can continue.

greekzilla
11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
V2.b2

tom @ eas
11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
The only way to stop it is to advance to the next track. When I do this, Ice>Link goes to AUX mode and I cannot advance any tracks.

I missed this part. What type of iPod are you using and are you using the Active Cradle or docking cable?

If you are using the video iPod or nano in the Active Cradle - the iPod is losing connection since it is balancing on the dock connector, those iPods are not intended for the Active Cradle.

greekzilla
11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=tom @ eas]I missed this part. What type of iPod are you using and are you using the Active Cradle or docking cable?

I'm using the 40G Ipod Photo and using the docking cable.