PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injector cleaning?

CD-55
09-12-2002, 11:41 AM
So I have been reading my E30 Bentley manual. Based on symptoms of my car, I think I have some clogging on my fuel injectors. I talked it over with my mechanic friend, he said he would give me the “hook-up”, but I will have to wait a week or two. He told me at his shop they have some sort of spray that they spray in the intake which works really well.

It seems like something I can do myself and would rather not wait. Anyone have any experiences with this spray? Think I can buy it at an auto parts store or is it a product just for service shops? I think he said the one he uses is made by “B & G”.

MikeW
09-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Have you tried running a bottle or two of Techron? Cheap and might be effective. Just change your oil after you finish it off. If doesn't take care of the problem, then escalate.
FWIW whatever they're calling Speedvision this week (The Speed Channel?) has a show called Two Guys Garage, which has a couple of veteran good ole' boy wrench spinners doing all sorts of mechanical stuff. They recently did a show on fuel injector problems. It was very interesting. Unfortuately I forgot what next step up is in fuel injector cleaning. However, at some point, it doesn't pay to clean them. You track down the one that's clogged, and just replace it.

jhowton
09-12-2002, 02:26 PM
I recently removed the injectors from my 87 Porsche 928 and sent them out for cleaning, blueprinting and flow balancing. It made a remarkable difference in the smoothness of the engine and only cost $100 (V8). I used www.cruzinperformance.com and was very pleased with the service, the injectors came back looking brand new and at the fraction of the cost of new Bosch injectors. I have no affiliation with cruzin performance except as a happy customer.

Regards