PDA

View Full Version : BT Sound quality = Not Good

gwells67
11-22-2005, 07:12 AM
So I just installed factory bluetooth in my '05 convertible. The mic was pre-installed on the top of the steering column. I did not have any option to put the mic up by the overhead lights, FYI (no wiring). I can hear people fine, but they complain that I am hard to hear and sound as though I'm chatting from in a tin can. I'm using the Verizon Moto E815 phone. Is this the fault of the phone or the system? Anything I can do to improve mic quality. FYI..I have a hardtop so we're not even talking about top down issues.

SRFast
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
So I just installed factory bluetooth in my '05 convertible. The mic was pre-installed on the top of the steering column. I did not have any option to put the mic up by the overhead lights, FYI (no wiring). I can hear people fine, but they complain that I am hard to hear and sound as though I'm chatting from in a tin can. I'm using the Verizon Moto E815 phone. Is this the fault of the phone or the system? Anything I can do to improve mic quality. FYI..I have a hardtop so we're not even talking about top down issues.

Do a simple test. Pair a NON Verizon BT enabled phone to your system to determine if it is the phone or your system. Once you've isolated the source, you can work on a fix.

Home this helps....JL

Goaltender66
11-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Check the part number on your microphone. The latest and best is 84 31 6 938 762. It may be possible you have a bum microphone that was in the install kit.

I have an '03 330i with the factory system, the older microphone, and the Moto e815 and sound quality is fine from what I'm told. The people I call say it's obvious I'm on a speakerphone but I don't know that there's anything that can be done to correct that 100%.

gwells67
11-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I've read about the old vs new mic, but convertibles are different. The mic is pre-installed at the factory in the steering column. I am going to get my buddy who has a treo over here and see how his sounds. The E815 is a pretty crappy phone to begin with so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the phone. I have not seen anyone else complaining about bt sound quality so my guess is that I have a bum phone :(