PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i in 2004 318i

stuarts
11-23-2005, 05:14 AM
Hey everyone!

I know the topic of bluetooth compatibility has been discussed before, but after several hours of searching the internet I'm no closer to an answer. So I'm hoping that some marvellous person out there might be able to help.

I have a 2004 318i Executive Sedan (E46), which came with built in bluetooth as standard, and has worked well with my T610 for the past year and a half. But it's starting to do quirky things, so I'm looking at upgrading to a new Sony Ericsson K750i or W800i. Has anyone had any experience with getting these to work? I know that BMW doesn't officially support them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work (so I've found from other forums).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks
Stuart

stuarts
11-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Just letting everyone know that I bit the bullet and bought the K750i, and has worked fine for the past 3 days.

JSpira
11-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Just letting everyone know that I bit the bullet and bought the K750i, and has worked fine for the past 3 days. I was just going to post that, with Sony Ericsson (with the exception of the Symbian smartphones until recently), you have a 99.9% chance that it will work, when your updated post popped up advising it worked.

I have been using an S710a in both my 5er and 3er, and it works flawlessly. Previously, I used a T610.

stuarts
11-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I had a bluetooth firmware update applied to my car about a year ago, so that might've helped. I think the only thing it doesn't do, that the T610 did, is it can't see other phone numbers under the same contact person. So if John Smith has a home, work and mobile number, it will only see the first number in the list for him (when using the cars display). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stuart

JSpira
11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
That might depend on whether you store them on the SIM or in the mobile. I can't tell you any more but I recall hearing "something".

stuarts
11-26-2005, 10:33 PM
That's an excellent suggestion. I'll give it a go, and post a reply in case others are having the same issue.

Thanks for your help!

Stuart

stuarts
11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Copied all my contact to the phones memory, instead of the SIM card, and my car now sees ALL numbers for all my contacts. Fantastic! Thanks again Jspira, you're a champion!!