PDA

View Full Version : Advance Autovations problem

dexad
11-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Has anyone else experienced problems with Advance Autovations? I ordered my BT kit from them and have not received it. It's been a while. I tried to call - No response. Tried to email them - No response. At this point I'm wondering if they are a reputable company.

phastphil
11-23-2005, 09:13 PM
I wanted to order a BT kit for my X5 and wondered if any of the aftermarket guys were still in business - you kind of answered that question.

I assume at this point the best place is a discounted BMW Parts Dept. Any suggestions guys?

bscarlett
11-24-2005, 07:34 AM
I bought my first BT kit from them for my 530 back in June, arrived quickly. I did however request overnight delivery to Canda and it took 3 days. Of course there were several excuses for this and I didn't get a refund on the difference on shipping. I was considering purchaing the kit from for my new X5 but after several calls and e-mails to them with no response, I'm glad I bought it off a board member (and saved money). My advice is to cancel the credit card charge if you don't receive it by the time you get your credit card bill. Their customer service has never been great and sounds like it is just getting worse.

dexad
11-24-2005, 04:09 PM
AT this point I am going to cancel it via my credit card. I can't believe people can try to run a business this way. Does anyone have any advice on where to purchase the BT kit from a reputable company?

bscarlett
11-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know if they are reputable, but there is www.eiskits.com They supply for Jag and MB. Of course you can always go through the dealership if you ware will to pay for it.