PDA

View Full Version : Executive Package

bimmer7
11-23-2005, 10:02 PM
I just wanted to know on the '02' - 05' 745's what exactly did the executive package contain?

Kind Regards

bimmer7
11-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Doesnt anyone knoe what the executive package includes????? :eek:

triple_sissy
11-24-2005, 08:16 AM
A quick search on Google revealed this:

Executive Package - Option Code ZJB $9,800 (Not with Ventilated Active Seats, Convenience Package or Sport Seats. Includes perforated Nasca Leather front & Rear & memory seat for front passenger)
316 Automatic Trunk
322 Comfort Access
323 Soft Close Doors
415 Electric Rear Sunshade
416 Electric Rear Sunshade & Side Sunshades
451 Active seat for Driver
453 Ventilated Seats Front
456 Comfort Seats Front
496 Heated Seats Rear
508 Park Distance Control
677 LOGIC7 Hi-Fi System

So in other words - nothing special.

BmW745On19's
11-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Just sounds like a compilation of all the good options except the comfort seats.

Patrick
11-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Cripes! Ten grand for that! :yikes:

bimmer7
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
A quick search on Google revealed this:

Executive Package - Option Code ZJB $9,800 (Not with Ventilated Active Seats, Convenience Package or Sport Seats. Includes perforated Nasca Leather front & Rear & memory seat for front passenger)
316 Automatic Trunk
322 Comfort Access
323 Soft Close Doors
415 Electric Rear Sunshade
416 Electric Rear Sunshade & Side Sunshades
453 Ventilated Seats Front
456 Comfort Seats Front
496 Heated Seats Rear
508 Park Distance Control
677 LOGIC7 Hi-Fi System

So in other words - nothing special.

So you mean to get the massaging seats in the front and rear you have to get ventilated active seats then? or is that option strictly available for the 760Li?

and doesnt executive package override what comes with the convenience package? in terms of the options aren't they already included in the exec. packg?

Malibubimmer
11-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Looks like our young student friend is not content with his armoured 750Li and that he is now going for the 760Li with the executive package. Is he from Canada or Saudi Arabia??

bimmer7
11-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Looks like our young student friend is not content with his armoured 750Li and that he is now going for the 760Li with the executive package. Is he from Canada or Saudi Arabia??

Listen what do you care where I am from? :dunno:

I am jus interested in knowing whats contained in the executive package whether the massage seats are part of the comfort seats option or not?

Why do you care so much about my car being armoured and all?

I mean Im sorry Im not an American like you that was thrown out of my family's house when I was 16...... which sadly some of you are apprently proud of here! :tsk:

Just mind your business (I respect you for being an attorney and all ) before I realllyyyyy start making fun of u . . . . :rolleyes:

This forum is for discussing BMW's not personal POLITICS! soo dont force me to change that because I can if I want too buut I also respect other's member's opinions here!

triple_sissy
11-24-2005, 07:04 PM
So you mean to get the massaging seats in the front and rear you have to get ventilated active seats then? or is that option strictly available for the 760Li?

and doesnt executive package override what comes with the convenience package? in terms of the options aren't they already included in the exec. packg?

Based on the line:
I am assuming that only driver's seat will have an active seat. Kind of stupid, if you ask me.

I don't have an exec pkg on mine but I have all of the options of exec mentioned here except for comfort access. However both front seats are active. And I don't believe I paid that much.

Peter

bimmer7
11-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Based on the line:
I am assuming that only driver's seat will have an active seat. Kind of stupid, if you ask me.

I don't have an exec pkg on mine but I have all of the options of exec mentioned here except for comfort access. However both front seats are active. And I don't believe I paid that much.

Peter

So when you say both front seats are active you are implying that the massage feature is inclusive for both the driver's and passenger's seats or just the driver's seat. . .Im sorry I jus want to make this clear before I purchase my car

BmW745On19's
11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Comfort Package/Seats= Massaging, heated, and ventilated, perforated leather with 16 way controls.

If that is not included in the package you do not get the good seats.

This being the first time i've ever heard of the executive package before so I don't know if it special for Canada or what.

Our 745 has Comfort seats so the Comfort seats arn't exclusive to the 760Li/i but they do come standard in them. I didn't know they had comfort access back then :yikes:

My take on the 760i over the 745i- 760i+'s: Big V-12, Lots of standard features which are options on the 745, alcantara headliner, Exclusive 20"s :bling: . 760i-'s: No comfort seats, only three spoke steering wheel, light,dark burl wood, no EDC to my knowledge. 745i+'s: Comfort seats, as fast as last generation 750iL and just as large inside and out, EDC, very rare find but very good option. 745i-'s. Less adequate V-8, but don't get me wrong 745 is plenty fast, no alcantara headliner.

triple_sissy
11-25-2005, 09:28 AM
So when you say both front seats are active you are implying that the massage feature is inclusive for both the driver's and passenger's seats or just the driver's seat. . .Im sorry I jus want to make this clear before I purchase my car

I do not know if exec pkg has both active seats or no. I was just saying that I do not have exec pkg, and both my front seats are active.

Peter

kd2789mo
11-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Looking at the BMW Canada site, the "Executive Package" states:

"Executive Package $9,500
Includes: Self Leveling Rear Air Suspension, Adaptive Drive, (Includes Electronic Damper Control (EDC)), Automatic Trunk, Comfort Access, Soft Close Doors, Electric Rear Sunshade w/Electric Side Sunshades, Active Seat For Driver, Ventilated Seats Front, Heated Seats Rear, LOGIC7 Hi-Fi System, (Includes 13 speakers with 2 subwoofers).

The portion in red refers to the included seating option, which is the same as the "Luxury Seating Package" in the USA version.

The Canada Executive Package is a combination of these USA options:
-Adaptive Drive - $1,900
-Comfort Access - $1,000
-Sunshades - $750
-Luxury Seating Package - $1,450
-Premium Sound Package - $1,800

Totaling $6,900.
Bear in mind, the MSRP USA is $76,495 and Canada is $106,900.

My '04 has the Luxury Seating Package:
-Heated Front and Rear Seats
-Ventilated Front Seats-both
-Active (massaging) Front Seat-driver's side only.

Both front seats are identical, with the addition of the massaging action on the driver's seat. I believe that is what BMW refers to as "active."

triple_sissy
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Now that I think about it, I guess BMW changed the massaging seats as part of luxury seating starting with MY 2004 - meaning only driver's seat is active, and passenger's is not. Both of mine are active (I have MY 2003), but a coworker who bought his (MY2004) with all possible options didn't get the passener's active seat, only driver's.

Peter

kd2789mo
11-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I always wondered why they didn't provide that to the passenger side. Apparently they did, at one time, and then stopped. My wife uses it all the time, and misses it when I drive her car. Personally, I find it annoying.
I noticed when looking at the BMW Canada site, they offer limited choices of options in comparison to the USA.

triple_sissy
11-26-2005, 04:59 PM
The guy I mentioned above told me that active passenger seat interfered with the airbag sensor (a sensor mat under the seat) or something like that.

Peter

bimmer7
11-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys. . .I checked out the 745i it was a silver on black interior w/ executive pckg. and basically it has all mentioned above and the quality of leather used in this package because of the ventilated seats is of much higher quality and grade IMO. . .no wrinkles or scratches on it .....The vehicle I looked at was at my dealer in Toronto....... I test drove it too and
BmW745On19's: you are right it does have a lot of power and agility being shortwheel base and does accelerate effortlessly quite similar to my 750iL..
lets see Im still shopping around I will keep you guys updated on my purchase. . .

NTB
11-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Comfort Package/Seats= Massaging, heated, and ventilated, perforated leather with 16 way controls.

If that is not included in the package you do not get the good seats.

This being the first time i've ever heard of the executive package before so I don't know if it special for Canada or what.

Our 745 has Comfort seats so the Comfort seats arn't exclusive to the 760Li/i but they do come standard in them. I didn't know they had comfort access back then :yikes:

My take on the 760i over the 745i- 760i+'s: Big V-12, Lots of standard features which are options on the 745, alcantara headliner, Exclusive 20"s :bling: . 760i-'s: No comfort seats, only three spoke steering wheel, light,dark burl wood, no EDC to my knowledge. 745i+'s: Comfort seats, as fast as last generation 750iL and just as large inside and out, EDC, very rare find but very good option. 745i-'s. Less adequate V-8, but don't get me wrong 745 is plenty fast, no alcantara headliner.

I am a bit confused by your post.
First you state that the 760 has Comfort seats as standard, which it does. Than you go on to say in your negitives that it has no Comfort seats.

Also in your negitives about the 760, 3 spoke wheel.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2102000-2102999/2102195_23_full.jpg
Wood work, I think it looks amazing.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2102000-2102999/2102195_24_full.jpg
And yes it does have EDC, along with all the other bells and whistles.

Taken right from BWM website.

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
Electronic Damping Control - includes "Sport" setting (EDC)
Active Roll Stabilization (ARS)

Just needed to point out some of your mistakes, nothing personal.

triple_sissy
11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
I think 3-spoke wheels come with a sport package.

Peter