PDA

View Full Version : No sound? What might be wrong? HELP!

neocloud
11-24-2005, 01:47 AM
First off, I have a 95 325i sedan.

So, I finally got my Kenwood KVT-915, spent all day hooking it up pretty. Hiding all the wiring and such.

I put everything together and turn the car on, and the deck works just fine, but no sound?

No sound on dvd, tuner, cds, nothing.

I have the stock amp, stock speakers, stock everything but the deck. I just started my upgrade.

When I used the aftermarket deck converter for the stereo harness, I noticed there is a silver clip thats also attached to the BMW stereo harness(the plugs that plug into the back of the stock tape deck.) Is that for the stock amp or a cd changer?

I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to troubleshoot it!

I have been installing stereos for years, so I know enough, but this is my first time with a BMW....

Any Help would be awesome!

thanks!

neocloud
11-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Figured it out! It was the amp...I didnt know what that blue wire from my deck harness converter was for. I searched the forums and figured it out. I guess it was the one that you connect the remote from the deck to, cause the other side of the clip was the white power wire for the amp!

Stupid....

O well....Thanks for the help!