PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Harness

Macaroni Kid
11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Where exactly in the trunk will I find the CD changer harness so I can hook up my Sirius radio with the Soundgate adapter? :dunno:

SRFast
11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Where exactly in the trunk will I find the CD changer harness so I can hook up my Sirius radio with the Soundgate adapter? :dunno:

The CD changer wiring harnesses are behind the left side trunk panel and you will need to remove the panel to access it. Once you remove the panel, look for a bundle wrapped in black tape and a black cloth cover. There are two (2) connector - one for the data and the other one for power.

Hope this helps....JL

LDV330i
11-25-2005, 12:20 AM
The CD changer wiring harnesses are behind the left side trunk panel and you will need to remove the panel to access it. Once you remove the panel, look for a bundle wrapped in black tape and a black cloth cover. There are two (2) connector - one for the data and the other one for power.

Hope this helps....JLHere is a picture. BTW, have you swapped out your HU for a more recent one, 2003 or better. If not the Sirius tuner will not talk to your HU.

http://www.bmw325i.net/images/mp3install/stock_trim_out_b.jpg

bitmouse
11-25-2005, 11:49 AM
BTW, have you swapped out your HU for a more recent one, 2003 or better. If not the Sirius tuner will not talk to your HU.

I believe they make an adapter that will allow it to communicate with non-satellite ready head units.

Macaroni Kid
11-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the picture. I have the stock head unit (Business CD). Do I need more than the Soundgate adapter? I have done a search, but it seems a bit confusing. :confused:

LDV330i
11-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the picture. I have the stock head unit (Business CD). Do I need more than the Soundgate adapter? I have done a search, but it seems a bit confusing. :confused:As I mentioned in my post above, if you have the original factory installed Head Unit (MY 2001) then your radio is non-satellite ready. I do not know of any adapter that will make it satellite ready. For additional information please refer to this thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71332).