PDA

View Full Version : No Power to CD Changer

sonnyjack
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Trying to install an OEM cd changer and I seem to have a problem with no power getting to the changer. Car has navigation so mounting is not a problem and finding the wire harness was easy. However I plugged everything in and I have zero power going to the changer. I am stumped.

Any ideas would be VERY welcome!

SJ :dunno:

SRFast
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

Trying to install an OEM cd changer and I seem to have a problem with no power getting to the changer. Car has navigation so mounting is not a problem and finding the wire harness was easy. However I plugged everything in and I have zero power going to the changer. I am stumped.

Did you check the fuses? There are two (2) fuses to check. One is the fuse that protects the actual wiring and that fuse is in the fuse block. The block cover should tell you which fuse to check. It would be helpful if you had a voltmeter to check if there is power at the connector end. The second fuse is in the back of the CD chnager. If there is power at the connector and the CDC fuse is good, you probably have a dead changer. From my experience, you should hear the CDC "cycle" the cartridge as soon as you connect the power.

ope this helps...JL

sonnyjack
11-25-2005, 05:58 AM
Did you check the fuses? There are two (2) fuses to check. One is the fuse that protects the actual wiring and that fuse is in the fuse block. The block cover should tell you which fuse to check. It would be helpful if you had a voltmeter to check if there is power at the connector end. The second fuse is in the back of the CD chnager. If there is power at the connector and the CDC fuse is good, you probably have a dead changer. From my experience, you should hear the CDC "cycle" the cartridge as soon as you connect the power.

ope this helps...JL

I had wondered about the fuse in the back of the changer. When you say fuse block are you referring to the fuses in the glove-box panel? That's where they are in the 330. My thinking was that the same fuses would possibly control both Navigation and the cd changer. Is this incorrect? Looks like a project for the weekend.

Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it!

SJ

SRFast
11-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I had wondered about the fuse in the back of the changer. When you say fuse block are you referring to the fuses in the glove-box panel? That's where they are in the 330. My thinking was that the same fuses would possibly control both Navigation and the cd changer. Is this incorrect? Looks like a project for the weekend.

Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it!

SJ

Take nothing for granted. Check the fuse in both the glovebox and the CDC.

Good luck....Jl

doeboy
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

You mentioned "harness".... if I recall... there are 2 wiring harnesses that plug into the changer... did you get both?

sonnyjack
11-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Take nothing for granted. Check the fuse in both the glovebox and the CDC.

Good luck....Jl

Boy do I feel like an idiot!!

It was the CDC fuse. A closer inspection revealed that the fuse was blown. Picked up a package of replacements @ Advanced Auto Parts and it fired right up.

Thanks again for you help!

Enjoy the holidays.

SJ

sonnyjack
11-25-2005, 04:30 PM
You mentioned "harness".... if I recall... there are 2 wiring harnesses that plug into the changer... did you get both?

Thanks Doeboy.

It was the fuse. Works fine now. I appreciate your help.

SJ