PDA

View Full Version : 6 week wait for icelink?!?!

gwells67
11-25-2005, 09:14 PM
FYI-

I put in my order for an icelink last weekend and I just got an email telling me it will be 6 weeks until the unit is back in stock..seems a little shady, I'm going to call on Monday and see what the problem is. How could Dension have such a supply problem as to not be able to deliver by christmas? Are there any new comparable products out there that i should consider instead? I really want to give this as a gift and I worry about any company who is out of stock before the holiday has even started :(

jetstream23
11-25-2005, 10:11 PM
FYI-

I put in my order for an icelink last weekend and I just got an email telling me it will be 6 weeks until the unit is back in stock..seems a little shady, I'm going to call on Monday and see what the problem is. How could Dension have such a supply problem as to not be able to deliver by christmas? Are there any new comparable products out there that i should consider instead? I really want to give this as a gift and I worry about any company who is out of stock before the holiday has even started :(

Just go to Best Buy. The Icelink Plus is sitting on a shelf for $199 and they will install for you if you want !

gwells67
11-26-2005, 07:51 AM
They only carry the cradle connector one and they don't have the Sirius adapter wire :(

apw2607
11-26-2005, 03:22 PM
FYI ... the "sirius" adapter wire can be purchased from your local BMW dealer. Its just a short cable that goes from the Sirius Receiver to the changer (or in your case the icelink).

Part # 84 11 0 150 526 and its about $15.00

Cheers.

el_duderino
11-26-2005, 04:40 PM
The wait is for the docking cable...I bet Best Buy cleaned them out:)

operknockity
11-26-2005, 04:56 PM
How could Dension have such a supply problem as to not be able to deliver by christmas?You can say the same thing about a lot of companies/products. My favorite example is Apple. They have consistenty failed to properly estimate the popularity of the products that they make, in spite of years of evidence that is staring them in the face, and have consistently been unable to meet demand for just about everything they have ever produced. You'd think they'd learn, but they never seem to.

el_duderino
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Apple knows how to keep their prices higher longer.

Dension just doesn't know how to service Best Buy.

tom @ eas
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
FYI-

Contact me directly - I have the ice>Link Plus kits in stock w/ the Docking cable and Sirius interface as well.

gwells67
11-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Tom hooked me up and saved christmas!

Thanks...

FYI-Dension told me yesterday that they would try their best to get it out but it would most likely be week 1 January. If anyone is planning on giving this as a gift..call Tom ASAP before all supplies are gone :)

tom @ eas
11-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Tom hooked me up and saved christmas!

Thanks...

FYI-Dension told me yesterday that they would try their best to get it out but it would most likely be week 1 January. If anyone is planning on giving this as a gift..call Tom ASAP before all supplies are gone :)

Thanks for the feedback! Your order shipped yesterday. :thumbup: