PDA

View Full Version : Is Dension Ice>Link Support non-existent?

FrenchBoy
11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I bought an Ice>Link Plus and installed it in my car about a month ago. I am pretty happy with the set-up and overall it is functioning as advertised. However, there are a couple of nagging issues for which I have attempted to get answers from Dension USA tech support to no avail. The interaction with the Dension people has been less than stellar and I am starting to somewhat regret the purchase.

The first issue is that for some reason the iPod does not shut off when I turn the stereo off. It does however shut off when I switch mode (FM or AM) and when I turn the car off. I contacted Dension support and was first informed that the support person was out to lunch. Hmmm, great I guess I will call back. I called back and talked to someone. The guy thought it was strange and recommend a hard iPod reboot. Did not do anything. I called back and then talked to another guy would told that this was the way it is supposed to work ??? but he still recommended that I open an ticket through their website (clearly he was trying to get off the phone as fast as possible). I opened a ticket on Nov. 10th and it is still not assigned to anyone...

The second issue - which I won't even bother calling Dension about since I got nowhere with the first issue - is the fact that when I select Play from my iPod on a new album, it seems to consistently skip the first song.

I use the iPod UI.

Sadly, the reason that I somewhet regret the purchase is that I feel like if some serious problem occurs in the future, I will be SOL. Not a good feeling.

Any idea how get Dension to listen to its customers?

el_duderino
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Contact Tom G at europeanautosource.com.

Dension Tech Support is a joke.

tom @ eas
11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I bought an Ice>Link Plus and installed it in my car about a month ago. I am pretty happy with the set-up and overall it is functioning as advertised. However, there are a couple of nagging issues for which I have attempted to get answers from Dension USA tech support to no avail. The interaction with the Dension people has been less than stellar and I am starting to somewhat regret the purchase.

The first issue is that for some reason the iPod does not shut off when I turn the stereo off. It does however shut off when I switch mode (FM or AM) and when I turn the car off. I contacted Dension support and was first informed that the support person was out to lunch. Hmmm, great I guess I will call back. I called back and talked to someone. The guy thought it was strange and recommend a hard iPod reboot. Did not do anything. I called back and then talked to another guy would told that this was the way it is supposed to work ??? but he still recommended that I open an ticket through their website (clearly he was trying to get off the phone as fast as possible). I opened a ticket on Nov. 10th and it is still not assigned to anyone...

The second issue - which I won't even bother calling Dension about since I got nowhere with the first issue - is the fact that when I select Play from my iPod on a new album, it seems to consistently skip the first song.

I use the iPod UI.

Sadly, the reason that I somewhet regret the purchase is that I feel like if some serious problem occurs in the future, I will be SOL. Not a good feeling.

Any idea how get Dension to listen to its customers?

I see that you have a MY2001 BMW.

Some 00-01 Blaupunkt-manufactured units experience this, the only way to give the iPod the "kill" signal is to switch the radio off or to a different source (AM/FM) before turning the car off.

We'll work on the 2nd issue as soon as the 1st is verified.

If you should require further support - feel free to contact me directly. :thumbup:

FrenchBoy
11-29-2005, 08:53 AM
I see that you have a MY2001 BMW.

Some 00-01 Blaupunkt-manufactured units experience this, the only way to give the iPod the "kill" signal is to switch the radio off or to a different source (AM/FM) before turning the car off.

We'll work on the 2nd issue as soon as the 1st is verified.

If you should require further support - feel free to contact me directly. :thumbup:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. This is further that I have gotten with Dension :)

My car is indeed a late 2001 MY, built in June of '01. You do mention that switching off the radio should "kill" the iPod. This is not happening. However, turning the car off altogether or switching to a different source does kill the iPod.

Thanks

tom @ eas
11-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. This is further that I have gotten with Dension :)

My car is indeed a late 2001 MY, built in June of '01. You do mention that switching off the radio should "kill" the iPod. This is not happening. However, turning the car off altogether or switching to a different source does kill the iPod.

Thanks

This would mean you have the Blaupunkt unit. Some models from 00-01 require this additional step.