PDA

View Full Version : This Ipod thing messed up my radio....

hudacris
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Let me tell you guys the story,

I have a 1987 325 is. Radio has been working beautifully and I have never attempted to use the cassette player ever.

Today I figure to buy a cassette adapter for my ipod. So far so good right? I get into my car, and while the radio is on I plug the adapter into my cassette player.

Now the cassette player doesnt take the tape...for whatever reason, so at this point I figure it's an old car, the cassette player might have been broken from before, or this ipod technology is too much for this car...whatever.

I take out the cassette...BUT NOW I CANT USE MY RADIO? The icons for the cassette player stay lighted up...so I know it's still in cassette mode..even though there's no cassette in there? I dont know what possible has happened, I just want to be able to play my radio and return this ipod adapter crap. I know it is stuck in cassete mode because whenever I press the button 4 (which on radio is my saved radio station) you hear the eject sound from the cassete player.

So my question to you guys is...how do I fix this?? can I fix this? How do I get it to go back into radio mode?? Please help I am begging you guys for some insight. Thanks

fitch
12-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Bummer. It's possible that though you ejected the cassette that there's a little mechanical switch that still thinks there's a cassette in the player. If you can find the manual for your audio system (or look carefully at the front plate) you may find there's a little hole that used to insert a paper clip so as to manually eject a stuck cassette. This may fix the problem. Or it may be electronic but that makes less sense. Good luck.

hudacris
12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks, appreciate the response. Im gonna get a paper clip and try tommorow morning. Hope this works. Thanks again

fitch
12-02-2005, 01:08 AM
good luck!

wavewuver
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm also getting an iPod and trying to figure the best way of connectiing it to my radio. I have a 1995 325i. Anyone have any suggestions?

Betr 92 525i
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
buy a device called an I-trip it plugs into your ciggarette lighter socket and you just tune your radio to 88.1 and tune the device to 88.1 as well.

mrdell4150
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
the fm transmitter is one way, but I cannot stand the sound quality, but perhaps it's because I am a DJ and my ears are tuned to audio stuff.