PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions of dealers in North Carolina...

duke330ci
09-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Hello all -

If anybody has experience with working with dealers in North Carolina, please let me know what you think. Good ones, bad ones - references.

I live in Pinehurst (hour south of Raleigh) and am willing to travel as far as 3 hours to purchase (of course I'll be using a service dept that is much closer!).

Thanks for your input!

Duke330Ci

eugeneDC/TX
09-14-2002, 10:41 AM
i dont know if it's a good dealer, but hendricks always gives great prices on parts.

hts
09-14-2002, 10:53 AM
Although I purchased up in the DC area, I'd heard back then that Performance in Chapel Hill was pretty aggressive on their pricing (like $1k over Euro Delivery invoice on ED) for E46's.

You might want to give them a call.

TxnBluDvl
09-14-2002, 07:39 PM
This is a service perspective about a NC dealer, but I 've heard good things about their sales too.

Background: This is with a car purchased in Texas. I've had service done at over half a dozen BMW dealerships, including every one in Houston.

I just left the Triangle area after a three year stint and have taken my car into Performance BMW on 15-501 at least a dozen times. They've easily been the best dealership I've ever dealt with, and have been really really accomodating. I've received loaners, they've taken care of both my warranty and extended warranty work (not even one they sold me) without fuss or hassle. They treat their customeres with respect and are always friendly when I stop in to get parts. I've even gotten loaner cars without a problem (though there can be a wait). They've diagnosed a wheel whine on my car for an entire afternoon only to find it was the tires -- and didn't charge me for it. I highly recommend them without hestitation. They're a great dealer for service if you're located in NC. Good luck!

PA330i
09-14-2002, 09:07 PM
I used to live in Chapel Hill and negotiated briefly with Performance BMW. I ended up purchasing my 330 from Flow BMW in Winston. I don't have anything bad to say about Performance, but I was much more impressed with the guys at Flow. they were much more willing to work with me to find the exact car I wanted (twice). I got an excellent price, and service was always top notch. When i had aux fan problems, Flow gave me a 325 loaner for a full month. It might be a bit of a drive for you, but it would be worth your time to at least check them out. Now that I live in Philadelphia, I have yet to find a dealership that treats me as well as flow did.

Chris330Ci
09-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Flow in Winston gave me the best price. Hendrick here in town beat them. That worked great for me...