PDA

View Full Version : EML Sch-eml


Stuka
09-14-2002, 11:23 PM
OK, so I dragged my half hung over butt out of bed this morning and got to the dealer at 9.

They do have the O rings for the stupid head gasket bolts.

They also have the DBW gas pedal.

And yes, even the blasted rubber windows seals.

Oh and let's not forget the updated oil cap.:thumbup:

It looks like everything the job needs was ordered and arrived properly. Things are looking up, or so I thought...

Did I mention the EML came on THREE TIMES on my way to the dealer?:yikes:

Well, the dignosis? EML potentiometer is bad, which leads to the car running like shiate.:mad:

So now, I am driving a Corolla, compliment of the awesome dealer.

Looks like Stuka will be out of commision for a few more days. Must be the rigor of dem Stuka missions.:dunno:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

operknockity
09-14-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Stuka
So now, I am driving a Corolla, compliment of the awesome dealer.
Just keep repeating these words... "That which does not kill me, makes me a stronger person". Then strap a jet engine to the back of the Corolla and punch it :yikes: :yikes:

Raffi
09-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Just don't try driving sideways with the Corolla! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RKT BMR
09-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by operknockity

Then strap a jet engine to the back of the Corolla and punch it :yikes: :yikes:
No need for a jet engine. Just pick up a pair of those handy Corolla JADO rockets from your local Toyota dealer.

Dave

GimpyMcFarlan
09-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by dwallersv

No need for a jet engine. Just pick up a pair of those handy Corolla JADO rockets from your local Toyota dealer.
Dave

Didn't someone do just that to an old beater car and plow himself into a mountain somewhere? Maybe it was just an urban legend... :dunno:

operknockity
09-15-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by GimpyMcFarlan
Didn't someone do just that to an old beater car and plow himself into a mountain somewhere? Maybe it was just an urban legend... :dunno:
1995 Darwin Awards: Jet Assisted Take-Off (http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html)

Raffi
09-15-2002, 04:10 PM
The LA CCA instructors at the next-to-last autocross used a rented Corolla to conduct a "King of the Hill" challenge amongst themselves. It was too funny watching them go around the course trying to be fast yet keeping the car on all four wheels! :lmao: :lmao: They all agreed that the car could be lowered by about 6-10 inches and still handle like crap! :yikes: :lmao: Don't know if Enterprise liked the abuse to their car :tsk: :tsk:

GimpyMcFarlan
09-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by operknockity

1995 Darwin Awards: Jet Assisted Take- Off (http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html)

Bingo! We have a winner! Thanks for the backup. I haven't hit that site in a long time. :yikes:

operknockity
09-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Raffi
Don't know if Enterprise liked the abuse to their car :tsk: :tsk:
How is that much different from the way most folks treat a rental? Way back when, I had an '80 Celica on a trip to San Fran once. Picked it up with 12 miles on it on Friday morning. turned it in with almost 700 on the following Monday afternoon.:tsk: :yikes: :rolleyes: :lmao:

Raffi
09-15-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by operknockity

How is that much different from the way most folks treat a rental? Way back when, I had an '80 Celica on a trip to San Fran once. Picked it up with 12 miles on it on Friday morning. turned it in with almost 700 on the following Monday afternoon.:tsk: :yikes: :rolleyes: :lmao:

Believe me, they beat the living crap out that car! Probably put in a year's worth of tire wear! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kaz
09-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Raffi


Believe me, they beat the living crap out that car! Probably put in a year's worth of tire wear! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was laughing my ass off as they were doing that. The best was when they piled 4 of themselves into it and hauled it around the track. Even then they looked faster than the lame-o pair with the r1cer 911 "GT3" and F360. :rolleyes:

Raffi
09-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Kaz


I was laughing my ass off as they were doing that. The best was when they piled 4 of themselves into it and hauled it around the track. Even then they looked faster than the lame-o pair with the r1cer 911 "GT3" and F360. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember the F, he was a whopping 1 second faster than me during the timed runs! :lmao: :lmao: Then when everyone was packing up to go home, he proceeded to burn his tires and do a couple of donuts in the parking lot - and managed to piss off the entire staff. I don't think he will be welcome at the next autocross! :lmao: