PDA

View Full Version : WOW..The wife agreed!! (Long)

Canuck BMW
09-15-2002, 09:57 AM
:bigpimp: After having our new Bimmer ('02 325i...Her car...Steptronic) for only 2 months, the wife has finally been convinced that I "need" to get MY CAR!!

Sorry, if this is long, but I'm so excited, I have to "vent" somewhere!!

I looked at the 5 Series and 330Ci (and even considered the M3...but I'm too old). Then I saw my new "toy" sitting in the dealer's showroom....

2002 330CiC in Imola Red with Black Ragtop, with the M Sport Package...and it's a STICK, of course (too bad the wife can't drive a standard). :lmao:

Black Aluminum Cube interior trim
High-gloss Shadow Line
Multi-function M leather sport steering wheel
Sport seats
Sport suspension II
White indicator lenses
M Aerodynamic Package
M Double spoke alloy wheels, style 68M
17 x 7.5 front, 225/45R-17
17 x 8.5 rear, 245/40R-17

It comes with the Fully Automatic Ragtop, Rain Sensor/Auto Headlights, AutoDimming Mirror, GDO, HK Sound, Black Leather, Headlight Washers, Bi-Xenons, Heated Electric Seats, etc, etc. I'm also getting the Hardtop, Carpeted and Rubber Mats, Wheel Locks and Alarm (with Motion Sensor). I'll add the Shock Sensor myself, just like I did to the 325i.

Besides the 4 "auto up/down" window buttons, there is a 5th master button, to "auto up/down" ALL windows at the same time!
It doesn't have the Ski Bag, but there is a "pass thru" door in the trunk, and the centre of the rear seat is removable, so you can carry long objects if you want. As my dealer told me, there's enough room in between, to use this compartment as a "cross border - USA/Canada" storage area!! I guess you could even put a subwoofer there if you wanted to.

BTW, if any other Cabriolet owners want to save some $$$, don't get the Hardtop "hoist" from BMW...too expensive. The Mazda Miata Hardtop hoist is only $150, and works quite well. I had a Miata back in 1992...should have kept the hoist! :banghead:

My first car was a Red/Black 1969 Triumph Spitfire. This is quite a "step up" from those days!!

Anyway, I can hardly wait. I should be able to pick it up on Wednesday or Thursday, and will post some pics next weekend.

Damn...I'm excited...this is like your first date, or like the first time you got......better not go there!! :tsk:

eugeneDC/TX
09-15-2002, 10:00 AM
yo, congrats. enjoy your car, like i have to tell you that. (=

johnlew
09-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Enjoy, the CICs are great!

Mystikal
09-15-2002, 10:17 AM
:yikes: With those options, you will undoubtedly have a VERY unique E46. The bad side is that the retail on that sucker is MORE than an M3. :yikes:

Again, YIKES!

Canuck BMW
09-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Ah...not so my Canuck Bimmerfest-mate!! $5K less than the M3...and since the Sales Manager is a friend and neighbour, $2.5K off the MSRP!

JPinTO
09-15-2002, 11:36 AM
The M-Sport Pkg is awesome. I drove a silver 330CIC with M-Sport Pkg and it was incredible. Cabs aren't for me (esp. with Toronto weather) and the sticker is so high on the 330CIC that I would personally spend the extra $ go for the M3 Coupe. You'll get it back at resale.

Mystikal
09-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Canuck BMW
Ah...not so my Canuck Bimmerfest-mate!! $5K less than the M3...and since the Sales Manager is a friend and neighbour, $2.5K off the MSRP!

No, I'm serious. According to what you posted, you have the M Sport Package, Premium Package, Hardtop, Imola paint. This all adds up to a $72,800 price. I'm sure there may be be other options you haven't listed such as DSC or something like that. In fact, this doesn't even include the Alarm, Mats, etc. The M3 lists for $73,500.

WILLIA///M
09-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Can you get Imola on a regular CiC without the individual program? I love the color but are you sure it's not Electric Red?

hts
09-15-2002, 12:50 PM
Congrats--that's a very nice choice indeed!

Next time I'm up in Ottawa, I'll look you up and we can go for a spin. I usually prefer to stay at the Fairmont, and I love to walk over to the Byward market, especially in the springtime!

;-)

Canuck BMW
09-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Topaz330xi, up here the Imola and Electric Red are both offered on the 330CiC. This is definitely Imola Red...I checked the body stamp.
We don't get the Individual Program until MY2003.

Mystikal/JPinTO, yeah, with Hardtop and some extras, it'll be close, but I REALLY want a "droptop", and the M3 "droptop" puts me into the $90 range with tax...too much at this time.

hts, the Byward market IS a great place. See you when you get here!