PDA

View Full Version : 43,000 Oil Service in the SF Bay Area

sanfranman
12-02-2005, 02:55 PM
My 2002 325xi is out of the maintenance coverage.

I've called all 9 BMW Dealers in the SF Bay Area to find out how much an OIL SERVICE (not just an oil change) costs and I've gotten prices ranging from $90 to $451 (from my dealer). Can anybody help shed some light on why there is such a wide discrepancy for a scheduled service? I specified OIL SERVICE and not OIL CHANGE (and got prices for both from all dealers I called).

Finally, any recommendations for OIL SERVICE, either from a dealer or an independent (near SF)?

Also looking for recommendations for someone to do a 4 wheel alignment.

Thanks!

Keith
12-03-2005, 06:53 PM
My 2002 325xi is out of the maintenance coverage.

I've called all 9 BMW Dealers in the SF Bay Area to find out how much an OIL SERVICE (not just an oil change) costs and I've gotten prices ranging from $90 to $451 (from my dealer). Can anybody help shed some light on why there is such a wide discrepancy for a scheduled service? I specified OIL SERVICE and not OIL CHANGE (and got prices for both from all dealers I called).

Finally, any recommendations for OIL SERVICE, either from a dealer or an independent (near SF)?

Also looking for recommendations for someone to do a 4 wheel alignment.

Thanks!

EDGE Motorworks in Dublin, just off 580. :thumbup:

Here: http://www.edgemotorworks.com/

SilverE39
12-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Phaedrus in SF.

mistermotorist
12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Phaedrus is in SF - on Jackson between Van Ness & Polk. Edge is at the bottom of the Dublin Grade about 40 miles from SF. Both are good shops - I like Edge myself and I don't mind the drive. The guys at Edge are nice, interesting folks.

Keith
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Phaedrus is in SF - on Jackson between Van Ness & Polk. Edge is at the bottom of the Dublin Grade about 40 miles from SF. Both are good shops - I like Edge myself and I don't mind the drive. The guys at Edge are nice, interesting folks.

Yep, I was just there today getting my brakes done, now I stop on a dime! :thumbup:

sunilsf
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I could call, but may as well ask: how much did they charge for the brakes?

Keith
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I could call, but may as well ask: how much did they charge for the brakes?

Ooooh, you better ask them, I've known these guys since they've worked out of their garages, so I get a pretty good deal, sorry.

They are a great group of guys and once you've been there and meet them, you will go back.

Good luck, :thumbup: