PDA

View Full Version : German Plate Suggestions

BmW745On19's
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
We're ordering a German license plate for our car and we are in contraversy over what it should say. I'm suggesting MN-H E65 for the Hamann E65 since that car looks pretty neat but my mom says it should say something like B4T-MBL since that is our name for the car, the Batmobile. Any suggestions? please post them.

jkb
12-04-2005, 11:52 PM
We're ordering a German license plate for our car and we are in contraversy over what it should say. I'm suggesting MN-H E65 for the Hamann E65 since that car looks pretty neat but my mom says it should say something like B4T-MBL since that is our name for the car, the Batmobile. Any suggestions? please post them.

not sure about a plate, but do you want to buy a european bumper insert from me? i got an extra one while i was in munich and have nothing to do with it now (plus, i have no plate on the front anyways). my custom plate is CEMEPKA which is 7er in russian. my 745 plate was "HE MEPC" which reads "not a mercedes" in russian slang. you could get "NOT-MBZ" :)

i am tempted to get "M 4642 Z" which was my plate while driving the car in europe.

BmW745On19's
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM
What color was is your 745 bumper insert? Our car is Jet Black, Non-Metallic, and we don't want to do any repainting but if yours isn't the right color, we're just going to make a trip to the parts desk at our BMW dealer. Post some pictures if you can.

Also another suggestion I thought was kinda neat was REVO EVOM which means MOVE OVER in the lane blocker's rear view mirror infront of you. :D

760Lifan
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
While this might look nice, people with "German license-plate knowledge" could see on the spot that this could never be a German license plate since it has the wrong format.

MN-H 65 would be fine but "official" plates never come with an additional letter in front of the number.

Example:

-First there are 1-3 letters before the dash (M, MB or GAP). Those first letters show the county of registration.
-After the dash, 1 or 2 letters follow (A, AB)
-Next, there is a space followed by a number between 1 and 9999.

I'm sure you already knew that so I just posted this as general info... :bigpimp:

jkb
12-05-2005, 10:42 AM
What color was is your 745 bumper insert? Our car is Jet Black, Non-Metallic, and we don't want to do any repainting but if yours isn't the right color, we're just going to make a trip to the parts desk at our BMW dealer. Post some pictures if you can.

Also another suggestion I thought was kinda neat was REVO EVOM which means MOVE OVER in the lane blocker's rear view mirror infront of you. :D

sorry, mine is for 750.

as for 'move over' - great idea. ony one problem: people who drive slow in fast lane dont really read license plates of people behind them. in fact, they never look in rear view mirror. otherwise they would.. well.. move over :)