PDA

View Full Version : 2002 745 phone

black_ace
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I know this is probably an old topic, but does anyone know how or if this phone can be activated. It sucks that it is not. Please let me know.

simon78
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Which motorola phone do you have ? CPT 8000 or 9000 ?

I have the 8000 from verizon and i tried all possible methods and could not get it done :( ..

black_ace
12-05-2005, 12:16 PM
not sure it's some startac. I have a bluetooth phone, but wanted the actual car phone to work. Oh this sucks major crotch...

dierks321
12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I posted a thread today relating to this problem. I am about to purchase an 04 745Li. BMWUSA told me that if the phone service has been disconnected it cannot be reconnected. They said it was a federal issue (homeland security). This really has me baffled? What does a phone in a BMW have to do wth homeland security.

Somebody, please tell me.

Dierks321

BmW745On19's
12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Go to Sprint, our phone in our car is a Startac, which sucks but we don't really care cause we have other cell phones, and they will activate it.

Another thing is, on the 02's only I think you have to have it activated and the service active for the BMW assist thingy to work.

Dierks- I don't know much of your problem, but I'd go and talk to the dealership where, if you buy the car and if they say, Yeah it can be activated, have them put it on paper and if it can't then make them buy it back. Sleezy tactic and a waste of time but I think BMW has bad facts and I think you can just take it to Sprint.

triple_sissy
12-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Startac phone is CPT8000. I happen to have one (everyone is laughing I use phone that is like 7 years old :)) which I kept from my e38 days and I guess it is the only reason AT&T Wireless keeps reactivating my CPT 8000 (when the phone breaks, I just buy another one on eBay and call AT&T to switch). However there were so many posts here saying that CPT 8000 cannot be activated as a new service, that I believe it - after all CPT 8000 is not 911 compliant.

But I got sick of the old technology and last Friday ordered Motorola RAZRv3 (finally GSM with Bluetooth for me :)). And I talked to EiS to make sure the retrofit kit will work with it.