PDA

View Full Version : New BMW Sales Video

Ack
09-16-2002, 09:06 AM
I found this link at Maxbimmer and I thought it was interesting.

Video (http://www.people.virginia.edu/~srs2z/newbmwcom.swf)

You'll need macromedia flash to view it.

Closer
09-16-2002, 09:49 AM
:tsk:

ChrisTO
09-16-2002, 11:15 AM
HA HA HA...love the last screen.

big bad jon
09-16-2002, 11:34 PM
maybe it's just me... i like the Z4, and the 7 is definately growing on me...

operknockity
09-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Sad but true :( :cry: :yikes:

Michael330
09-17-2002, 12:33 AM
I really tried to keep an open mind and try to imagine how these things will be seen in a few years (for instance, I bet when first E39 came out people who got used to E34 were not very happy but now we see the current 5 series as one of the most classic bmws ever) but both new 7 series (which I've seen numerous times in person now) and Z4 are simply and objectively ugly. I've been following bmw designs since I was about 13 and they always looked great. This was a car to admire and behold and dream of having. Now, it's a big shame. But what can you expect, the guy can't even dress with taste...

dineen
09-17-2002, 06:55 AM
:thumbdwn: The back end of the new 7 series will never grow on me.I sure hope they axe the idea to do the same treatment on the new 5 series.

operknockity
09-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by dineen
I sure hope they axe the idea to do the same treatment on the new 5 series.
I believe it is already too late, though it has been described as "a more subtle rendition" of the new 7.

Plaz
09-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Michael330
both new 7 series (which I've seen numerous times in person now) and Z4 are simply and objectively ugly.

Surely you recognize the folly of that statement. "Ugly" can really never be an objective assessment.

As for me, I find (subjectively) the 7 to still seem "weird" to my eyes (though not as heinously disturbing as it was to me at first) from certain angles, but attractive from others.

The Z4, however, I find to be (subjectively) absolutely gorgeous from any vantage point. I think it's a sexy sleek machine no matter how I look at it. I can't wait to see one in person.

Ack
09-17-2002, 08:57 AM
I'll reserve final judgement when I see a Z4 in person. I'm going to try to get a test drive once they start coming into our dealership.

Michael330
09-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Plaz

Surely you recognize the folly of that statement. "Ugly" can really never be an objective assessment.

As for me, I find (subjectively) the 7 to still seem "weird" to my eyes (though not as heinously disturbing as it was to me at first) from certain angles, but attractive from others.

The Z4, however, I find to be (subjectively) absolutely gorgeous from any vantage point. I think it's a sexy sleek machine no matter how I look at it. I can't wait to see one in person.

Oh, come on. Beauty is an objective thing (beauty = truth after all as we know from our classical education and truth must always be objective). Would you rather have sex with Jennifer Aniston or Roseanne? OK, OK. I'm just teasing Mr. Right. I thought I would be able to sneak in this "objective" thing. At least, I find (subjectively) our 2002 3er redesign very nice;)