PDA

View Full Version : speaker size in e39

mechanixman
12-05-2005, 07:04 PM
the title pretty much says it, i know that the front door are 5 1/2 with tweeters, I know that i am going to get some components for this. what about everywhere else, like the rear doors, the rear tray, the front tweeters above the door pannel and anywhere else i may be missing.
Thanks for your help

cpfleider
12-06-2005, 12:35 AM
they are 5 1/4 front and rear. I had mine replace with massive audio ck5 competition series component kits. Kit comes with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters.

jvr826
12-06-2005, 09:36 AM
the title pretty much says it, i know that the front door are 5 1/2 with tweeters, I know that i am going to get some components for this. what about everywhere else, like the rear doors, the rear tray, the front tweeters above the door pannel and anywhere else i may be missing.
Thanks for your help

If you have non-DSP, there are 10 separate drivers in your car. Three in each front door (mid-bass/woofer, midrange, tweeter). There are no coaxial speakers in the car anywhere. In the rear door you have one tweeter in each, poor location cuz it kills your front stereo image. The rear deck has two mid-bass/woofers.

Silk_530i
12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
what size are the speakers in the door and deck?

crs555
01-17-2011, 02:14 AM
the rear deck is 5 1/4 as well. I just asked my local car audio shop and they were able to tell me off the top of their head, unfortunately I can't remember the tweeter size, but it's pretty easy to mount tweeters as long as the hole isn't too small, honestly a hot glue gun will get the job done without any damage to the car or tweeter. There is little vibration compared to a woofer so it doesn't take much to hold them in, and it beats building a custom mount and cutting into your doors. This is all behind the factory grill of course. If you can I'd go for the tweeter location farthest from your ear, so the one nearest the front pillars. It will give you better imaging.

Halston@BSW
01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Front Midbass 5.25"
Front Midrange 2"
Front Tweeter 5/8"

Rear Midbass 5.25"
Rear Tweeter 5/8"

:)

AJR1982
11-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Are there 10 speakers total then?