PDA

View Full Version : Cingular GSM with Bluetooth? Buzzing speakers?

MUrhino
12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
So I don't have my bimmer yet or Cingular, but I had Cingular in the past when they had their GSM network up and running. My speakers would go crazy whenever the phone was syncing up with the network or there was an incoming call.

So my question is to Cingular users, mainly w/ the Razr, as that's what I want. When you take a call via bluetooth do your speakers in your 3 buzz or distort at all?

JSpira
12-05-2005, 08:50 PM
So I don't have my bimmer yet or Cingular, but I had Cingular in the past when they had their GSM network up and running. My speakers would go crazy whenever the phone was syncing up with the network or there was an incoming call.

So my question is to Cingular users, mainly w/ the Razr, as that's what I want. When you take a call via bluetooth do your speakers in your 3 buzz or distort at all? The buzzing is GSM static.

Not sure why you wish to confine your question to Cingular users; it's not like Cingular has a lock on GSM static.

I've never heard GSM static in my car though.

Desertnate
12-05-2005, 08:53 PM
The buzzing is GSM static.

Not sure why you wish to confine your question to Cingular users; it's not like Cingular has a lock on GSM static.

I have never heard the static in my car either. It is not a function of bluetooth, its the radiation from your phone poling the nearest tower to maintain a connection to the network.

My PC speakers at home or work buzz all the time when my cell phone was near. It happened on GSM AND Verizon's CDMA. If you think the buzz is something with a phone, my wife's blackberry REALLY makes the 'ole PC speakers buzz. :D

dtkw
12-05-2005, 09:46 PM
It's a GSM issue. When I used my Cingular or T-Mobile SIM in my V600 in my office, the buzzing noise, sometimes louder than others. Now I am leaving Cingular and staying with Verizon, I don't have that problem in my office. My E815 would sync with my Bluetooth kit on my other car without any problem. I am waiting for my budget to grow then I will definately invest in a E90 with Bluetooth built in. It has been a long time since I drove stick in my 78 320i. How hard is it to pick up again?

MarcusSDCA
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
It's a GSM issue. When I used my Cingular or T-Mobile SIM in my V600 in my office, the buzzing noise, sometimes louder than others. Now I am leaving Cingular and staying with Verizon, I don't have that problem in my office. My E815 would sync with my Bluetooth kit on my other car without any problem. I am waiting for my budget to grow then I will definately invest in a E90 with Bluetooth built in. It has been a long time since I drove stick in my 78 320i. How hard is it to pick up again?

It's like riding a bike.....you never forget.

I get speaker buzz when I'm around PCs but not in my car. Cingular quad band (GSM)phone here.

MUrhino
12-05-2005, 10:15 PM
The buzzing is GSM static.

Yeah, didn't mean to confine the question specifically to Cingular users, but that is the only other carrier I will be looking at in the future. And yes, I know it's not the bluetooth that causes the buzz. So are speakers that aren't affected by the GSM signal shielded or something? I know my PC speakers and subwoofer would always go crazy, even before my phone rang, so just curious as to what's changed in speaker design. My speakers in my Grand Cherokee were also affected.

msegal
12-06-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm still waiting for my bluetooth to be installed (another thread).. but i have not heard any buzzing in my car when i am on my headset.. However with my treo i get buzzing antime i get near anything.. computer speakers, speakerphones, and especially my office desk phone..

The buzzing (as everyone said) is not from bluetooth, but its GSM interference.. However to take it a step further.. I never had it until I went to a Quad band phone. It seems as if the 800Mhz band which penetrates buildings better (so you want it, for better coverage) is the culprit.. phones that have this band are usually worse. I also checked with some cell phone techies i know..

Disclaimer: I am not a 100% sure on this theory, since i am not a fields expert.

Blax
12-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I use cingular GSM and I have no problems. Love it with the Bluetooth.

turpiwa
12-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I had no problem with my Razr over BT buzzing at all on ED

MUrhino
12-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Sweet, no problems! Sounds good. Thanks everyone!