PDA

View Full Version : Calgary 2006?

bimmerboy91
12-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok...i know this is WAY early...but my family is planning on making this a yearly road trip, because it was such a blast last year!

whos in???????

Mark633CSi
12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi, I had an awesome time last year and I'm gonna make sure more guys from Edmonton come down next year!

Thanks
Mark

83 320i

3-To-5
12-07-2005, 09:28 AM
How long will it take from Toronto.... i just got my 325i two months ago and im in need of some meetings heh

bimmerboy91
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
How long will it take from Toronto.... i just got my 325i two months ago and im in need of some meetings heh

Ontario? just mapquested that...and that would take 35 hours...yikes

bimmerboy91
12-15-2005, 08:40 AM
bump....anyone? :dunno:

Clem
12-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Planning has started yet but there will be updates to follow.

bimmerboy91
12-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the update Clem.

Let me know if there is anything i can do. Maybe i can round up a few more people from the states this year.

velocity
12-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi, you guys can count with 3 cars from Edmonton for sure e30 M3 (withe) e30 M3(black) and e36M3/4 (silver). :thumbup:

bimmerboy91
12-18-2005, 07:41 AM
welcome aboard velocity! If the boys at Tunerworks put on an event like last year you won't be disapointed. Sweet cars, great food, awesome people!

P.S.(directed towards the guys at Tunerworks) Didn't mean to be the self appointed advocat of the event, but somebodys gotta do it! :thumbup:

b_w.
12-31-2005, 11:55 AM
i am down for sure.
velocity- is this alix from bimmerfest last year? its byron. whats up man.

velocity
01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I can't wait for bimmerfest, last year was great, the trip to Calgary was fun I did 235k more than once on my e30, so for sure i will be there. Hey Byron hos is going, did you get that turbo kit for your bimmer? i hve on obdI intake manifold out of a 95 m3 if you are interested let me know( and euro mass air sensor). see you soon at bimmerfest everyone.

b_w.
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I can't wait for bimmerfest, last year was great, the trip to Calgary was fun I did 235k more than once on my e30, so for sure i will be there. Hey Byron hos is going, did you get that turbo kit for your bimmer? i hve on obdI intake manifold out of a 95 m3 if you are interested let me know( and euro mass air sensor). see you soon at bimmerfest everyone.

turbo is in the works. just picked up a gt35r and tec3:) i sent you an email.

b_w.
02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
alex did you get that email i sent you?

BBBMW
02-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Just moved from Edmonton to Calgary in the fall. Looking forward to the event....
Do I need to park my stock 325Ci, sport, premium out of sight?? No Mods, hehe

DEATH2000
02-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Im so in. But im in Calgary which means no road trip down with B_w lol

velocity
03-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Those any body knows when it will be, and do we have to start register?:dunno: :dunno:

SpencerT
03-10-2006, 05:20 PM
In past years there has been info about the event up already.

Is it going to happen?

-Spencer

b_w.
03-15-2006, 12:41 AM
In past years there has been info about the event up already.

Is it going to happen?

-Spencer

x2

Mark633CSi
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Has anyone heard plans of Bimmerfest Calgary 2006? There are a few of us in Edmonton that are getting antsy. It was a good time last year.

Thanks
Mark
Edmonton, AB

83 320i Hennarot

Mark633CSi
03-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is for Calgary this year? Is there a Bimmerfest? If not, would any Edmonton guys like to set one up?:dunno:

Thanks
Mark
Edmonton, AB

83 320i

b_w.
03-31-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah, whats the deal?

Maniacmatt
03-31-2006, 10:38 PM
I am also wondering about this. If they still plan to hold the event and want it to be a success they better get the word out quick so people can start planning for it. Hell it may already be to late, I bet a bunch of people have already given up on '06.

SpencerT
04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe it's NOT going to happen this year :cry:

-Spencer

Maniacmatt
04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
I think it would be a great idea to organize a bimmerfest in edmonton, however I'm not sure there is enough time to make the event a success. I wish someone would have told the bimmer community that tunerworks was not organizing a bimmerfest sooner so someone else could have got the ball rolling. Unfortunately I think at this point if we were trying to organize one in Edmonton it would just end up being more like an
edmonton bimmer meet. I doubt whether many Calgary guys who had not made travel plans will drive up on such on short notice.

Not to mention you still have find a venue, and all that other stuff. There is alot of planning and very little time. I think we will just have to face the reality that a 2006 Alberta Bimmerfest is not likely. If this year is for sure not happening though I would be more than willing to help plan an Edmonton event for 2007. I would even help planning an edmonton event this year.

Someone should contact tunerworks and find out for sure what is happening so that someone else can run with it if they so choose.

Mattimus
04-06-2006, 03:01 AM
I didnt know about it last year so im itchin to go this year. Pleaaaaaaase have one.
I need to get out and drive

Mattimus
04-06-2006, 03:05 AM
I hope it does. Tunerworks are you out there:mad:
Helloooo, rob, :eek:

Velocity is that you Alex?

Mark633CSi
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I tried emailing Tunerworks a few weeks ago but I didn't recieve a reply. I know the NABMW Club here in Edmonton will be having a show this summer at Bavaria when it opens the new store, 3rd week of June tentatively. I have yet to hammer out a date, but I want as many people to come up as possible! We can maybe get ahold of the Bimmerfest people and start an Edmonton Bimmerfest for next year. I would definetly like some help, any help is apreciated! Calgary is a perfect venue just cause it's so close to the mountains, but there are quite a few Bimmerheads here too. I think we can make it happen!

Mark Mullin
Edmonton, AB

83 320i

Maniacmatt
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I E-mailed them also and left Rob a voicemail and still nothing. I will call again on monday morning and see if i can talk to anyone who knows. As a side note where you driving your 320i on the yellowhead today (saturday) around 3-4 pm.

Mark633CSi
04-08-2006, 06:14 PM
That was me, I was going back home. What were you driving?

Maniacmatt
04-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I wasn't driving, but I was riding in my dads lachsilber '88 325ix. I believe we saw you around 142nd or 149th.

Mark633CSi
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
OK. I saw you guys then, I gave the "nod" LOL. That iX is in nice shape!

Maniacmatt
04-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I'll tell him you said that. It really is in great shape, i was pretty jealous when he got it, even though i had an e30 first. He got it last fall, bought it off the original owner in B.C. older guy, serviced at the dealership since new. And its got all the cool options too, maplight mirror, elipsoids, ski bag, rear headrests.

You can see pictures of all three of our bmws at alberta02.com. go to our cars and then don phillips.

Mark633CSi
04-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I know your car. You were at the Bavaria show and Bimmerfest last year. It's nice! I love the black kidneys!

Maniacmatt
04-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I was. However my car has undergone a bit of a transformation since bimmerfest. I did not ahev the valence, is lip, or rear spoiler at bimmerfest. The transforming shows no signs of stopping either. Next is a heart transplant :)

*Edit*
I can't believe i forgot it has also been lowered since bimmerfest.

Also if you were at the edmonton BMW grand opening, you would have seen my car. That is pretty close to what it looks like now.

dkmr
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm in again this year, I'll be in Red Deer then so I get to have a bit of a road trip.:D

b_w.
04-10-2006, 09:47 PM
couldn't we try to organize a bimmerfest for later in the summer, maybe in august? if there was going to be a cruise where would we go? i cannot think of any good drives around here:dunno:

Maniacmatt
04-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Well i talked to tunerworks yesterday afternoon. Not Rob but just whoever happened to answer the phone and they said it was still up in the air they were not for sure having one and they are not for sure not having one. They said they will let everyone know whatever happens though. I just wish they would let us know soon so we can make travel arrangements, or plan our own get together.

Mark633CSi
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm the events director for the Northern Alberta BMW Club and they are pressing for a show. I was thinking of having it in mid July. I am stumped when it comes to a cruise though. Calgary is perfect for that, being an hour away from the mountains. We should put our heads together and come up with a cruise destination. Maybe Groat Road! LOL! I'm sure there are some places that we could cruise to and maybe finish with a BBQ. Maniacmatt, I was at Edmonton BMW's Grand Opening. I remember now! Nice!

Maniacmatt
04-11-2006, 05:51 PM
When is Bavaria opening their new location? You could organize an event then and maybe we could do a cruise and see if a few Calgary guys would make the trip up. That or maybe organize something similar at Edmonton BMW. Or we could always meet half way with the Calgary guys in like Red Deer or Sylvan Lake and have a cruise.

Mark633CSi
04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Bavaria is moving into thier new location the 3rd week of June. I was thinking about trying to get both clubs and non members of course to meet up in Rocky Mtn House for a BBQ and cruise through there. I brought it up at our meeting in Dec and it seemed to go over quite well, I emailed the guy in Calgary and he seemed kinda shifty on the idea. I'll email him again and get the ball rolling for that. Bavaria is having a show regardless, but Edmonton BMW turns a pretty cold shoulder to that kind of stuff. Very little in the way enthusaist support.

Maniacmatt
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
That sounds good to me. If there would be a good turn-out I would be down for a drive to rocky mountai house.

Mark633CSi
04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Cool, I'll email the guy in Calgary tonight and we'll make it happen! I'll keep ya' posted!

Maniacmatt
04-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it.

Clem
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I have the unfortunate task of informing you that there will be no "Official" Bimmerfest in Canada or Alberta.

There is no interest from Tunerworks in holding one this year and unfortunately there is not enough time to organize and plan an event with the attention to detail that Bimmerfest deserves.

I'm the events director for the Northern Alberta BMW Club and they are pressing for a show.

Interesting note: Prior to the inaugural Bimmerfest, while planning, I emailed both the SABMWC and the NABMWC with no reply or interest whatsoever. :dunno:

Maniacmatt
04-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I kind of saw this coming but it is still unfortunate. I don't know what reason Rob and tunerworks have for not holding one this year but i wish they could have told us sooner. I can't think of another event that in alberta that brought that many bimmer lovers from the entire province together at once.

Oh well Bimmerfest Canada R.I.P.

Clem
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM
There is still a chance to keep the event alive but it's going to take some work.

In talks with Mark and Tim and we'll try and see what we can do.

b_w.
04-13-2006, 06:04 PM
There is still a chance to keep the event alive but it's going to take some work.

In talks with Mark and Tim and we'll try and see what we can do.

what about for later in the summer like in august?

Clem
04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
what about for later in the summer like in august?
There is no date set and anything is possible.

Maniacmatt
04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know. You can pm me on here and i can give you my cell number if you could use my help with anything.

Clem
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks much for the offer Matt. I will keep it in mind.

Mattimus
04-14-2006, 06:30 AM
same here!!! Let me know what I can do to help.
I am willing to take on this task.

Mark633CSi
04-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Interesting note: Prior to the inaugural Bimmerfest, while planning, I emailed both the SABMWC and the NABMWC with no reply or interest whatsoever. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

The NABMW Club just started up again 3 years ago and hasn't really started to get it's feet off the ground until last year. Even then it was still pretty shaky. This year though we are actually doing great. I'm trying to steer the attitude of social events from Wine & Cheese tastings to more technical stuff and things that the average Bimmer guy/gal likes. Not everyone who drives them makes $150K+. They are suprisingly on board with this. It's great. They problem we have is nobody knows of us in town. They know the Mustang Club and the Porsche Club, but we're working on that.

For instance, there is a tentative date set with Bavaria BMW for a show on 16 July, 2006. They are moving into the new store 9 June, 2006. It might be too late to organize holding a Bimmerfest this year, but I want to make the Bavaria show just a big if not bigger. We had an executive meeting last night where I brought up the idea of holding a Bimmerfest here for next year, and they all thought it was a great idea! So that's good. But with that being said, I think it would be hard to get all the details that a Bimmerfest deserves taken care of so soon. I don't see why we couldn't make this a substitute for Bimmerfest this year. I'll hammer the date in stone for the Bavaria show on Tuesday and let the SABMW Club know too.

Any help in getting the Calgary guys up here would be great! How would I let the guys who aren't in the club know about the show. We are also getting posters printed in the next couple weeks that I would like to put up in and around Calgary. Is there someone I could send a batch of posters to that could take care of that for me? Again, any help down there is appreciated!

Thanks
Mark Mullin
Edmonton, AB

83 320i

DEATH2000
04-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Im picking some stuff up from Tunerworks on monday so il talk to Rob and see whats going on.

jpettit
04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
i'm disappointed that there is not going to be a bimmerfest here in calgary (or alberta) this year! i was really looking forward to it. i would come up to edmonton for the day as i'll be around on the 16th of July still (vacation doesnt start until the 31st!).

as for getting the word out perhaps we could all get a list together of all the place where the posters should be posted?

there are also some local auto clubs that would probably put out the word for us:

http://www.vsccc.ca/ (vintage sports car club of calgary
http://www.alberta02.com/ (alberta bmw 2002)
http://www.bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/ (calgary sports car club)
even clubveedub (vw) probably would (they are a good local vw club, but i'm sure they have a lot of bmw cross-interest) http://www.clubveedub.com/

Mattimus
04-14-2006, 08:30 PM
i could drive there and post some. mabey maniac matt will join me? after he help with my tranny:thumbup:

Mark633CSi
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
This is great! I know a few people in Lethbridge too that are interested. I'll start researching Red Deer & area. I know alot of places in Edmonton to put posters up. Once we have a solid date I'll send the word out to all the clubs. If you guys think of anything else, let me know! Thanks!

Mark

Maniacmatt
04-15-2006, 03:46 PM
i could drive there and post some. mabey maniac matt will join me? after he help with my tranny:thumbup:

I'd be down for a cruise, we should take a massive stack of posters and also stop in red deer and give herrage a bunch to post around there.

Mark633CSi
04-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Cool, once I get the posters we'll Git-R-Done! I emailed ChampCar & F1 today to see if they would be interested in doing anything for it too. The Champ Car teams should be getting into town that week so hopefully we can do something with them. I hope being Powered by Ford isn't a problem.:eeps:

Mattimus
04-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd be down for a cruise, we should take a massive stack of posters and also stop in red deer and give herrage a bunch to post around there.

Yeah great idea!

Cool, once I get the posters we'll Git-R-Done! I emailed ChampCar & F1 today to see if they would be interested in doing anything for it too. The Champ Car teams should be getting into town that week so hopefully we can do something with them. I hope being Powered by Ford isn't a problem.

Mabey during the champ car race we could get a bunch of us to do a lap during intermision to advertise the Northern alberta BMW car club and/or Bimmerfest!

That would be awesome if a bunch of us, say 20 or 30 could do a quick lap like the ford cars did last year and get them to anounce it over the loud speakers.

I could talk to an old buddy of mine from highschool (Daryl Harr, driver of Cascar car #71) and see if he could help out.

DEATH2000
04-16-2006, 03:40 PM
^^ WHens the Grand Prix?

Mark633CSi
04-16-2006, 07:23 PM
July 21 -23

AllGo'n'Show
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I along with a couple other BMW owners on Beyond.ca want an 06 event to happen in Calgary. Hopefully someone can work something out

jpettit
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
bumpity bump...is there an update on what may happen this summer?

velocity
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Do any body knows when is it? I am looking forward to let my e36M3 loose on the hyway, it will be supercharged by then.:thumbup: :rofl:

DEATH2000
06-10-2006, 07:53 PM
For instance, there is a tentative date set with Bavaria BMW for a show on 16 July, 2006. They are moving into the new store 9 June, 2006. It might be too late to organize holding a Bimmerfest this year, but I want to make the Bavaria show just a big if not bigger.
So is that conformed then? There is gonna be a show on that date?

AllGo'n'Show
06-17-2006, 07:22 PM
this could be interesting....

I've been speaking with Rob @ Tunerworks (Sponsor and Organizer of last years BF05 Calgary) and been working with him on organizing 2006's. Then I come across this thread.

Let me know what you guys are doing and if its still going through or not, because if not then I will continue on with organizing if so then I will let Rob know some other enthusiasts have organized it.

BTW. Tried to get a forum section opened for discussion of the topic but no reply yet, thats why I haven't posted anything on here yet.

AllGo'n'Show
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Organizing it with Rob @ Tunerworks right now. Depending what a few members on this site do I may or may not be completing the orgnaization.

What dates works good for you guys? I am thinking a Sunday at the end of July? Give us ample time to get the word out, let everyone take time off and plan for the event up here.

Jon Shafer
06-17-2006, 11:41 PM

I've been speaking with Rob @ Tunerworks (Sponsor and Organizer of last years BF05 Calgary) and been working with him on organizing 2006's. Then I come across this thread.

Let me know what you guys are doing and if its still going through or not, because if not then I will continue on with organizing if so then I will let Rob know some other enthusiasts have organized it.

BTW. Tried to get a forum section opened for discussion of the topic but no reply yet, thats why I haven't posted anything on here yet.

I'm waiting to see if Clem is going to step up again and help organize the Calgary event...

AllGo'n'Show
06-18-2006, 12:01 AM
As far as I know, he hasn't mentioned anything about it to me but I would love his help. I've posted up on Beyond.ca, local car forums in Calgary, tunerworks sponsors the site and posts all the time along with Clem, nothing from him yet. I will shoot him off a message on there and see if he wants to help out or what his status is this year, i know he is parting out alot of aftermarket stuff on his e46 so I don't know what he is up to.

Maniacmatt
06-19-2006, 05:55 PM

If Rob is interested in planning another one which i had heard he was not then i say get it done. I am still up for a trip down to calgary if he wanted to host another bimmerfest.

AllGo'n'Show
06-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Rob doesn't have time to PLAN the event, which is why I approached him and he agreed to let me plan it. He is still very willing to provide the space, some people, some cars, some prizes. Just the organizing and planning and PR takes too long and they are too busy at the shop.

Mattimus
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Is he going to give away another sweet car .:rofl: :rofl:

DEATH2000
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Rob doesn't have time to PLAN the event, which is why I approached him and he agreed to let me plan it. He is still very willing to provide the space, some people, some cars, some prizes. Just the organizing and planning and PR takes too long and they are too busy at the shop.
If you need help shoot me a PM and id be glad to lent a hand.

Maniacmatt
06-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I say go for it, we need to keep the tradition of the Calgary bimmerfest alive!

Also if you need any help let me know, although I am not sure what i can do being 3 hours to the north. If you need any help promoting the event in Edmonton give me a call.

AllGo'n'Show
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Sounds good you guys, lots of people have offered to help and I'm sure all of us together promoting the event could get quite a turn out.

I'm going to continue organzing this with Rob and keep this event going, can't wait around 2 weeks for other people to tell me to go or no go, then loose all our time.

Stay tuned for info!

SpencerT
06-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Mabey during the champ car race we could get a bunch of us to do a lap during intermision to advertise the Northern alberta BMW car club and/or Bimmerfest!

That would be awesome if a bunch of us, say 20 or 30 could do a quick lap like the ford cars did last year and get them to anounce it over the loud speakers.

That would be so cool :-)

I'd also like to see a bimmerfest event this year (or some other bimmer gathering)!

-Spencer

DEATH2000
06-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Sounds good you guys, lots of people have offered to help and I'm sure all of us together promoting the event could get quite a turn out.

I'm going to continue organzing this with Rob and keep this event going, can't wait around 2 weeks for other people to tell me to go or no go, then loose all our time.

Stay tuned for info!
Any chance you could give me a rough date of when this will happen?

AllGo'n'Show
06-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Sure can, last weeknd of July :)

Tunerworks Parking lot.

Maniacmatt
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM

Tunerworks Parking lot.

So this is for sure then? Saturday or Sunday? or is this going to be a two day event?

DEATH2000
07-01-2006, 10:21 AM

Tunerworks Parking lot.
I officially love you. But please dont make it the 30th. Im in cremona that day :cry:

jpettit
07-01-2006, 07:55 PM
i'm also going to be away...in victoria. too bad, i was really looking forward to it. oh well, i guess there is always someone who can't make it.

b_w.
07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
so is it official that there will be a meet the last weeend of july?

AllGo'n'Show
07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Well it seems Jon doesn't either, 1. believe I am organizing it, or 2. doesn't want someone else to orgnaize it. So aparantly Clem is on board, but i have talking and orgnanzing this with Rob @ Tunerworks and Clem has said nothing and I've sent him a message before.

Most likely this is going to turn into a huge Eurofest instead of Bimmerfest, no point in supporting a name that won't support its own name.

Mark633CSi
07-06-2006, 06:20 PM
All right, I'm back. Sorry for the leave of absence. I had to step out of the country for a bit. Anyways, it's awesome progress is being made! If you guys need anything in Edmonton let me know! I'm out of the Army now and have alot more spare time. I just picked up a nice 74 2002 as well. I hope I can bring that and the E21 down. Hopefully we can get this off the ground.

Later
Mark

tha_bandit
07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Most likely this is going to turn into a huge Eurofest instead of Bimmerfest, no point in supporting a name that won't support its own name.

So is this goin down or what? Last week of july....?
I'm confused!:confused:

AllGo'n'Show
07-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Lask weekend of July, 30th its looking like. Eurofest it will be so benz/bimmer/vw/anything euro is welcome. Prizes and such, trying to organize a cruise as well.

b_w.
07-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Lask weekend of July, 30th its looking like. Eurofest it will be so benz/bimmer/vw/anything euro is welcome. Prizes and such, trying to organize a cruise as well.

ccol:thumbup:

tha_bandit
07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Eurofest it will be so benz/bimmer/vw/anything euro is welcome.

Hopefully it doesnt get outta control cuz there's a LOT of Eurotuners out there. If everyone comes (which is good), there might be some parking problems......

DEATH2000
07-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Well then lets try to give prioroty to the BMW's. Then when room is available to the others like Benz and VW

Jon Shafer
07-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Well it seems Jon doesn't either, 1. believe I am organizing it, or 2. doesn't want someone else to orgnaize it. So aparantly Clem is on board, but i have talking and orgnanzing this with Rob @ Tunerworks and Clem has said nothing and I've sent him a message before.

Dear James,

Somebody emailed me a link to a highly derrogatory post made on another board (beyond.ca), so please forgive me if I fail to get excited about getting behind this event. I really don't appreciate was was written. I certainly hope that you realize that you can't post crap like that in public and then expect help.

Please use the Regional Canada Forum for future discussions of your Eurofest on this site.

Edit: According to Clem there is another large BMW event coming to your area soon, be on the lookout for that...

:thumbup:

AllGo'n'Show
07-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Well no offence to you Jon but you took an awfully long time to come back and jsut say no, we won't support you unless Clem is on board. Which in my mind is degradding enough. I sent the guy numerous PM's on a few different forums *may boycott some you never know* and recieved no response therefor taking it as he did not wish to help out.

The community certinly doesn't appreciate such a unforgiving organizer. Crap like that in public is what gets things noticed, obveously it worked because you found the link and have now posted on it after how many weeks of attmepting to get a response?

Parking may be an issue but with such short notice becuase of slow downs it may be not the event everyone was looking for but we can always hope. Rob will hopefully be returning my phone call or email tomorrow about numerous things and confirm the parking avalibility with us. We won't be holding any spots for anyone just for the fact of short notice and registration takes time to setup. First come first serve is always fun though. Everyone will see everyone elses car around the area or on the cruise so it won't be a problem.

If Clem has another thing organized, good for him but as everyone has been saying its getting awfully late in the season and we'd hope to hear about it relatively quick. I wish one of you would ahve been more active with me and let me know you had something larger so we could all participate in one big event instead of getting into things like this and having to do short notice meets.

Jon Shafer
07-17-2006, 02:17 AM
Well no offence to you Jon but you took an awfully long time to come back and jsut say no, we won't support you unless Clem is on board. Which in my mind is degradding enough. I sent the guy numerous PM's on a few different forums *may boycott some you never know* and recieved no response therefor taking it as he did not wish to help out.

The community certinly doesn't appreciate such a unforgiving organizer.

James, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. We don't just simply sign on with anyone to throw a parking lot car show togther and throw our name on it. Bimmerfest usually takes months of planning and preparation. Furthermore, If I can't personally organize an event, then the only way that I will agree to use the Bimmerfest name is if one of my deputies oversees it, which is how Clem came to be involved. I don't know you, have never met you, and certainly don't appreciate the way that you have handled yourself thus far. The discussion will end here as that's what you have put into play.