PDA

View Full Version : Help! Are these the CD changer cables?

kayaker
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi,

I have a 2004 325 Touring with Premium Sound. I want to add a cd changer. Here are some of the cables I found. They don't look like the regular 3/6 pin cables I've seen on Ebay and other sources. Can someone help me identify them? Are these i-Bus cables? What Cd Changer do I need to buy?

Thanks,

Kayaker

tom @ eas
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I have a 2004 325 Touring with Premium Sound. I want to add a cd changer. Here are some of the cables I found. They don't look like the regular 3/6 pin cables I've seen on Ebay and other sources. Can someone help me identify them? Are these i-Bus cables? What Cd Changer do I need to buy?

Thanks,

Kayaker

Those are not - the cables are usually located behind the ampflier in a cloth sheath.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/189/bmwconnectors2tj.jpg

LDV330i
12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks,

Kayaker
Check above your driver's side wheel behind the trunk liner and you should see what was posted in the picture.

kayaker
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I knew what 3/6 pin cables looks like. I look through the Driver side truck panel several times and can't find any other cables other than the three shown in my picture. I wonder if anyone can help me identify them?

Any Touring owners out there can shed some light on me?Are they for Navi?

Worse come to worse, I got 5000 miles left to next service appointment. I guess I can just ask the SA.

Kayaker :eek:

tom @ eas
12-06-2005, 10:46 PM
I knew what 3/6 pin cables looks like. I look through the Driver side truck panel several times and can't find any other cables other than the three shown in my picture. I wonder if anyone can help me identify them?

Any Touring owners out there can shed some light on me?Are they for Navi?

Worse come to worse, I got 5000 miles left to next service appointment. I guess I can just ask the SA.

Kayaker :eek:

Those are Assist and/or Bluetooth connections, the bundle of wiring you need is located behind the factory amplifier - in between the sheet metal of the body and the amp.

Houston 550i
12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
I have a six disc changer that plays MP3's along with the controller box and cable that I pulled from my 03 X5 when I turned it in. Its just sitting in my trunk right now. You'll have to pardon me, but I don't remember the make of the changer - I think it was a Panasonic.

I'm more than willing to part with it, or just the controller box and cable. The set up I had was the wires you show into the controller box, then the cable from the controller box to the changer. It worked great! Nice to have an iPOD worth of songs loaded in a changer.

The controller box is from Soundgate I think. I paid about $400 for the changer and $70 for the box. E-mail me at steven@thealexanderhome.com if you would like to have it.

Terry Kennedy
12-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Any Touring owners out there can shed some light on me?Are they for Navi?Your picture shows the phone/Assist cables. The CD changer cables are as Tom pictured, but you may not see the connectors - it may just be a fat bulge in one of the wiring bundles.