PDA

View Full Version : Retail price of 2003 HK CD Head Unit?

Pete Teoh
09-16-2002, 12:33 PM
I read that they have added an auxiliary input to the 2003 Head Units. How much does the HU (for E46) alone cost? I realize that 2003 models aren't out yet, but any idea if this will be an easy swap? I'm hoping that connectors are unchanged and I can swap it out myself.

Thanks.

ObD
09-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Pete Teoh
I read that they have added an auxiliary input to the 2003 Head Units. How much does the HU (for E46) alone cost? I realize that 2003 models aren't out yet, but any idea if this will be an easy swap? I'm hoping that connectors are unchanged and I can swap it out myself.

Thanks.

Should be an easy DIY. They probably won't change anything as I believe some people who have had their pre '02 E46 players go bad got replacements which are the '02 model. They'll always be people who'll be putting in custom stereos so I suspect OEM 2003 units will be very much available on E-bay, 'Fest and 'Fanatics classifieds, etc.

Pete Teoh
09-16-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ObD

Should be an easy DIY. They probably won't change anything as I believe some people who have had their pre '02 E46 players go bad got replacements which are the '02 model. They'll always be people who'll be putting in custom stereos so I suspect OEM 2003 units will be very much available on E-bay, 'Fest and 'Fanatics classifieds, etc.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye open for a 2003 head unit when the start rolling out. I'm planning to hook up an MP3 player, and I figure this will be easier than getting a BMWPILA, etc.