PDA

View Full Version : Driving my 7 series to NYC

oholness
12-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm driving my 7 series to New York City from Miami FL this weekend :D , this will be my second time and I love it (this thing realy shine on the highway). So I have one question: Why are people afraid to put :eek: milage on these things? I mean if I could afford a 7 series then I should be able to buy extended waranty right :thumbup: ?

bimmer7
12-13-2005, 07:19 PM
I think for the new E65/66 owners it shouldnt be a problem because they have extended warranty & maintenance up to 6 years/100K....whereas for E38 owners its different becuz some of the extended warranties have expired or the owners jus dont want to rack up too many miles on there vehicles...because it might be too hard to sell afterwards :dunno:

But Good luck on your road trip..... :thumbup:

Malibubimmer
12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm driving my 7 series to New York City from Miami FL this weekend :D , this will be my second time and I love it (this thing realy shine on the highway). So I have one question: Why are people afraid to put :eek: milage on these things? I mean if I could afford a 7 series then I should be able to buy extended waranty right :thumbup: ?
You shouldn't have any problems with your grade 3 armour. With all that extra weight do you have a really smooth ride? And what's your gas mileage on the interstates?

gbelton
12-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I have driven my 7er more than once from NJ to Florida (Orlando) and it was and still is FANTASTIC drive! I am driving down this year too for the Christmas Holiday with no doubts.

Gas Milage is great IMO. I get a consistent 25mpg if I remeber correctly last year but I will surely share the stats upon my return...

Cheers!

GMAN

simon78
12-14-2005, 11:04 AM
It is definitly the best highway ride. I drive all the time from DC to NYC and love it .. is like 1st class airline but without the hassle. :)

But i think in terms of miles since the car depriciates like hell...and 7's with high miles are not very attractive in the used car market ..so may be that is the reason ..

oholness
12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
But you know what, I dunno if its just me but after 18-20 hrs. on the road this car makes me feel like I still want to just keep driving :) ! I think I get about 23 mpg.