PDA

View Full Version : Impact Sensor with stock alarm!

neocloud
12-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Is there a way to hook a impact sensor up to a stock Alarm?

I have a 95 325i with stock alarm and my trunk keeps getting broken into. It seems the theives have enough time to break off my lock and the alarm doesnt go off until its opened and its getting really frustrating AND expensive!

I like my stock alarm and dont want to put in an aftermarket. But I cant afford to keep having my trunk broken into...

Any help would be cool!

thanks

Technic
12-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Is there a way to hook a impact sensor up to a stock Alarm?

I have a 95 325i with stock alarm and my trunk keeps getting broken into. It seems the theives have enough time to break off my lock and the alarm doesnt go off until its opened and its getting really frustrating AND expensive!

I like my stock alarm and dont want to put in an aftermarket. But I cant afford to keep having my trunk broken into...

Any help would be cool!

thanks

Any reputable shop can add a DEI 504M shock sensor -some $20.00) into your stock alarm. You can install it yourself if you know which wires (trigger, power,ground) to tap into: http://www.bimmerdiy.com/diy/e36s50alarm ... the 12 pin connector of your OEM alarm have all the trigger inputs points there (trunk, doors, hood) so you can tap one of those as your 504M trigger output.

There's a company that sells complete plug in alarm systems for E36's, including separate sensors like proximity and shock. Unfortunately I can't remember its name, though... :dunno:

neocloud
12-14-2005, 06:50 AM
So I can just use the trigger sensor for the trunk pin? and wire power and ground?

Wouldnt that only make it active if the sensor was tripped though? Meaning the trunk would have to be opened before the impact sensor would go off?

it seems like it wouldnt work like that...

hmm

el_duderino
12-14-2005, 09:02 AM
You know, neocloud, the more I read your questions on the Internet about this topic, the more clear I am that you should pay a pro to do this for you.

neocloud
12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I have hooked up alarms for years, just not in BMWs...I am not going to pay someone when I can do it for free

I just would like to know the wires I need to splice...

Its not a hard question to answer!

neocloud
12-14-2005, 11:32 AM
I found a write up else where!

Thanks for nothing!