PDA

View Full Version : why is there no engine temp gauge?

jacksprat
12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
why is there no engine temperature gauge on the e65? How do you know when the engine is warmed up? BMW has a gauge in every other car, why not the 7?:dunno:

bimmer7
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
why is there no engine temperature gauge on the e65? How do you know when the engine is warmed up? BMW has a gauge in every other car, why not the 7?:dunno:

Actually VERY GOOD POINT! :confused: WHY doesnt it have one?????? :dunno:

In my E38 the RPMs come to around (0.6RPM) after about 25 sec's of initial cold startup and then you are suppose to drive it slowly (BMW mechanic told me and the owner's manual says the samething)...until the guage goes into norm...operating range...where you can open up all 12 cylinders :D .....

With the E65 since I havent driven it much yet.........I dunno how you would know abot the engine's temp..... :rolleyes:

BmW745On19's
12-14-2005, 04:35 PM
It doesn't have a gauge, you are correct, but there is one way to know when your engine is warmed up.

On the gauge cluster's tachometer, there is an orange LCD screen inside of it. When the car is first started up on a cold day, there is a arched bar right next to the red line that maybe extends down to 5000 rpm. That bar gradually decreases as you drive the car around and will generally go away after 10 minutes of driving at 35 mph.

I hoped I've helped you, if you need further assistance in locating it, I can always take a picture of it.

jacksprat
12-14-2005, 04:55 PM
oooohhhhhh Ive never noticed that. I will look for it. thanks!

bimmer7
12-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks a lot... I will look for it too...next time I startup my 745.....