PDA

View Full Version : Is my M3 possesed??

Lockolose
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Just Joined the Ranks of 95 M3 owners and my car is acting strange. Just dropped in a uuc lightwieght flywheel with the M5 clutch combo, uuc tranny mounts w/ reinforcers,ss clutch line, rogue ing. dual exhaust with new hangers, Rogue short shifter and some oem power steering lines. Oh yea and the Guibo.
While driving most of the dash lights will flash and the car will beep four times. After that all the gauges will go dead. This sometimes last for seconds or sometimes mintues. Also i have no real clutch feel. The clutch is too light it takes away from driving the car.
I've done these upgrades to get the car ready for the ActiveAutowerkes Turbo i'm going to install. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Mike

rrsperry
12-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Install a 325 clutch slave. That will fix the feel. I'm surprised that they didn't tell you about that when you bought the flywheel. As for the instruments? start checking grounds and connectors. I have no idea about the beeps.

Lockolose
12-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks i'll give that clutch slave a try.

'96ModZ3
12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
On the clutch feel: I've heard from many people that the flywheel\clutch combo you've installed has the feel that you're describing, very light. I was going to go with that combo but was talked out of it because of this. Maybe after running it for a while you'll get used to it and appreciate a lighter clutch? :dunno:

Good luck on the AA turbo! :thumbup:

someguy
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
is you memo on????? I had a blown bulb, so I never knew til I swapped it......once my clock lite up I just laughed.......probably not your problem, but I tried....good luck with the m3 gnomes....they come out at night on foxes, david is the leader, and they chew on wires......

Lockolose
12-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I don't really like it. Losing the clutch feel takes away from my driving experience. I was told about switching the clutch slave. That's my next mission. I'll keep you up to date on the Turbo install.

PHROZENM3
12-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't really like it. Losing the clutch feel takes away from my driving experience. I was told about switching the clutch slave. That's my next mission. I'll keep you up to date on the Turbo install.
When I first changed my clutch and flywheel, I hated it. But after going FI, I really noticed the difference that the power made and how the car responded. If you have a little bit of patience I think that you will like what you feel once you go turbo. but that's my opinion.

Lockolose
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
When I first changed my clutch and flywheel, I hated it. But after going FI, I really noticed the difference that the power made and how the car responded. If you have a little bit of patience I think that you will like what you feel once you go turbo. but that's my opinion.

I think i will wait. I spoke to George at ICS and i'm going to schedule the turbo install after the holidays. Thanks for the Info.