PDA

View Full Version : New to me 04 745Li, Toledo Blue, Natural

dierks321
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm picked up my new 04 745Li this past week. I live in So Oregon and found the car on Autotrader at a MB dealership in San Diego. I flew down this past week to pick up the car. It wasn't a problem free purchase though. I had been told by two dealerships in the Bay Area that you could no longer drive a car out of CA and avoid the sales tax (here in OR we have no sales tax), the SD Mercedes dealer said yes I could. I called four time, two times to the saleman and twice to the used car sales manager. Sure enough when I got down there it was the sales mgrs day off. The gen mgr said no. I ended up going to LV with one of their employees. We meet a mobile notary (never knew there was such a person) and signed the transfer in vegas. The notary took the employee to the airport and I headed back to OR. A longer trip but a great way to be introduced to my new BMW. I was pretty well versed on the idrive by Bakersfield.

I'm going to try to upload some photos.

dierks321
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I have no luck uploading photos. I tried to attach them with no luck, files too large error. Does anyone have advice on how to include photos in a post? I'm an idiot, I know.

Dierks321

bimmer7
12-15-2005, 06:39 PM
hehe..... :) you are not the first one...I didnt know either...
Just open up your pics in Microsoft Paint.....and reduce the size too 800X600 ...and you can observe that in the bottom right hand corner of the paint program screen...after that save it....and then upload it into the forums.....hurry I wanna see my identical twin :D

Good Luck

dierks321
12-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the advice bimmer7. I'll try again.

I have just attached the photos to my message. Hopfully thats the correct way. We'll see.

bimmer7
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
The pics look nice....Congratulations again.... :thumbup: ....I didnt get the 19" as they say its not too good in winters here in Toronto...so thus I went with the 18"'s....but surely the 19" wheels make your car looks sharp and sporty..... :)

dierks321
12-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the come back. Enjoy your new car. Keep us posted.